TfL gets £250m capital spending boost
Recliner
2023-12-18 09:19:04 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67746931

It should allow the Goole factory to stay open, to assemble the second
batch of Piccadilly line trains. This, presumably, means that the
resignalling project can proceed. It should lead to a more reliable, more
frequent service.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2023-12-18 09:25:04 UTC
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 09:19:04 GMT
Post by Recliner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67746931
It should allow the Goole factory to stay open, to assemble the second
batch of Piccadilly line trains. This, presumably, means that the
resignalling project can proceed. It should lead to a more reliable, more
frequent service.
Can't come soon enough. Until last month I was using the picc one day a
week for the last 6 months and literally one in every 4 journeys had some
kind of non trivial delay. I really got pissed off with having to get up 30
mins earlier just so I could be sure I'd get into the office on time because
those clowns can't run a train service to save their lives.
Recliner
2023-12-20 15:14:27 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 09:19:04 GMT
Post by Recliner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67746931
It should allow the Goole factory to stay open, to assemble the second
batch of Piccadilly line trains. This, presumably, means that the
resignalling project can proceed. It should lead to a more reliable, more
frequent service.
Can't come soon enough. Until last month I was using the picc one day a
week for the last 6 months and literally one in every 4 journeys had some
kind of non trivial delay. I really got pissed off with having to get up 30
mins earlier just so I could be sure I'd get into the office on time because
those clowns can't run a train service to save their lives.
TfL subsequently said that the £250m was only half of what it had been seeking, so it doesn't look like there's yet a
budget to resignal the Picc.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2023-12-20 15:44:59 UTC
On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:14:27 +0000
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 09:19:04 GMT
Post by Recliner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67746931
It should allow the Goole factory to stay open, to assemble the second
batch of Piccadilly line trains. This, presumably, means that the
resignalling project can proceed. It should lead to a more reliable, more
frequent service.
Can't come soon enough. Until last month I was using the picc one day a
week for the last 6 months and literally one in every 4 journeys had some
kind of non trivial delay. I really got pissed off with having to get up 30
mins earlier just so I could be sure I'd get into the office on time because
those clowns can't run a train service to save their lives.
TfL subsequently said that the £250m was only half of what it had been
seeking, so it doesn't look like there's yet a
budget to resignal the Picc.
Given it goes to the UKs premier airport and is the first impression a lot
of people get of the UK you'd have thought it might have been further up
the priority list.
Blueshirt
2023-12-20 15:53:31 UTC
Post by Recliner
TfL subsequently said that the £250m was only half of what it had
been seeking, so it doesn't look like there's yet a
budget to resignal the Picc.
Given it goes to the UKs premier airport and is the first
impression a lot of people get of the UK you'd have thought it
might have been further up the priority list.
The priority list for the government in 2024 is probably more about
where they can put the money to get the most votes to win the next
election!
Recliner
2023-12-20 16:44:57 UTC
Post by Recliner
TfL subsequently said that the £250m was only half of what it had
been seeking, so it doesn't look like there's yet a
budget to resignal the Picc.
Given it goes to the UKs premier airport and is the first
impression a lot of people get of the UK you'd have thought it
might have been further up the priority list.
The priority list for the government in 2024 is probably more about
where they can put the money to get the most votes to win the next
election!
Yes, no capital investment in any railway project is likely to swing votes
in next year's election. That's why they'd rather put money into quick
return projects, like filling potholes.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2023-12-20 16:59:35 UTC
On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:44:57 GMT
Post by Recliner
Post by Blueshirt
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:14:27 +0000
TfL subsequently said that the £250m was only half of what it had
been seeking, so it doesn't look like there's yet a
budget to resignal the Picc.
Given it goes to the UKs premier airport and is the first
impression a lot of people get of the UK you'd have thought it
might have been further up the priority list.
The priority list for the government in 2024 is probably more about
where they can put the money to get the most votes to win the next
election!
Yes, no capital investment in any railway project is likely to swing votes
I suspect short of Kier Starmer quoting Mein Kampf at PMQs and goose stepping
out of the chamber sieg heiling there's precisely zero that will swing the vote
back towards the tories anytime soon.
Post by Recliner
in next year's election. That's why they'd rather put money into quick
return projects, like filling potholes.
If only. Councils of all colours are going bankrupt due to lack of government
support. Potholes are way down their priority list right now.

Perhaps HMG could could put a bit more effort into clawing back some money
from scum like Mone and her ilk who ripped off the idiots in the treasury
blind during covid.
Recliner
2023-12-20 17:19:19 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:44:57 GMT
Post by Recliner
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/highways-maintenance-funding-allocations/additional-budget-2023-highways-maintenance-and-pothole-repair-funding-2023-to-2024
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Perhaps HMG could could put a bit more effort into clawing back some money
from scum like Mone and her ilk who ripped off the idiots in the treasury
blind during covid.
I bet those ill-gotten gains are well squirrelled away offshore. The Mone
money is hidden via the IoM.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2023-12-21 09:36:50 UTC
On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:19:19 GMT
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
If only. Councils of all colours are going bankrupt due to lack of government
support. Potholes are way down their priority list right now.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/highways-maintenance-funding-allocat
ions/additional-budget-2023-highways-maintenance-and-pothole-repair-funding-202
3-to-2024
Hadn't heard about that. Thats something I suppose.
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Perhaps HMG could could put a bit more effort into clawing back some money
from scum like Mone and her ilk who ripped off the idiots in the treasury
blind during covid.
I bet those ill-gotten gains are well squirrelled away offshore. The Mone
money is hidden via the IoM.
More than likely, but dangling a potential prison sentence unless she coughs
up might make some of the funds (no doubt they've already spent a lot of it)
magically reappear.
Recliner
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e935af8c-5c27-46fc-9d61-9bd8f8e093e0?shareToken=5f4b7dafaebef3447bf4e9a97c727114
Graeme Wall
2023-12-24 07:48:52 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Perhaps HMG could could put a bit more effort into clawing back some money
from scum like Mone and her ilk who ripped off the idiots in the treasury
blind during covid.
I bet those ill-gotten gains are well squirrelled away offshore. The Mone
money is hidden via the IoM.
More than likely, but dangling a potential prison sentence unless she coughs
up might make some of the funds (no doubt they've already spent a lot of it)
magically reappear.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e935af8c-5c27-46fc-9d61-9bd8f8e093e0?shareToken=5f4b7dafaebef3447bf4e9a97c727114
A tits mogul? Heaven knows what they'd call the M&S knickers maker!
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2023-12-24 15:07:17 UTC
On Sun, 24 Dec 2023 06:16:02 GMT
Post by Blueshirt
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Perhaps HMG could could put a bit more effort into clawing back some money
from scum like Mone and her ilk who ripped off the idiots in the treasury
blind during covid.
I bet those ill-gotten gains are well squirrelled away offshore. The Mone
money is hidden via the IoM.
More than likely, but dangling a potential prison sentence unless she coughs
up might make some of the funds (no doubt they've already spent a lot of it)
magically reappear.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e935af8c-5c27-46fc-9d61-9bd8f8e093e0?shareTo
ken=5f4b7dafaebef3447bf4e9a97c727114
Didn't know Cameron enobled her but it would be far from the first idiotic
decision Tim Nice But Dim Dave has made.

Peter Johnson
2023-12-21 14:04:04 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
in next year's election. That's why they'd rather put money into quick
return projects, like filling potholes.
If only. Councils of all colours are going bankrupt due to lack of government
support. Potholes are way down their priority list right now.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/highways-maintenance-funding-allocations/additional-budget-2023-highways-maintenance-and-pothole-repair-funding-2023-to-2024
Story in today's Guardian that this money has come from the HS2 north
of Birmingham cancellation.
Recliner
2023-12-21 14:19:02 UTC
Post by Peter Johnson
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
in next year's election. That's why they'd rather put money into quick
return projects, like filling potholes.
If only. Councils of all colours are going bankrupt due to lack of government
support. Potholes are way down their priority list right now.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/highways-maintenance-funding-allocations/additional-budget-2023-highways-maintenance-and-pothole-repair-funding-2023-to-2024
Story in today's Guardian that this money has come from the HS2 north
of Birmingham cancellation.
Indirectly, yes. That money has been re-allocated to a variety of
quick-return transport projects around the country. The government sells
this as people all round the country benefiting quickly.

Of course, the money was never in the government's coffers in the first
place — it'll be borrowed.
Graeme Wall
2023-12-20 15:55:58 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:14:27 +0000
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Mon, 18 Dec 2023 09:19:04 GMT
Post by Recliner
[...]
Gives them a very good idea of the state of Britain these days.
--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.