New DLR trains
Add Reply
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-22 11:03:09 UTC
On the (Not so) Secrets of the LU they showed us around the interior of the
new DLR trains. The most obvious think was a severe lack of seats. I really
don't think thats going to go down well in the rush hour to/from the wharf.
You'd think with the EL hoovering up some former DLR pax they'd be inclined to
put more seating in and less standing space.
Recliner
2024-08-22 14:06:22 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On the (Not so) Secrets of the LU they showed us around the interior of the
new DLR trains. The most obvious think was a severe lack of seats. I really
don't think thats going to go down well in the rush hour to/from the wharf.
You'd think with the EL hoovering up some former DLR pax they'd be inclined to
put more seating in and less standing space.
I suppose the theory is that most DLR passengers, particularly in the busy
sections, are only travelling short distances, and so don’t need seats.

I must admit that I was surprised to see the deployment of AI described in
what’s mainly a historical series.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-22 14:22:55 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
put more seating in and less standing space.
I suppose the theory is that most DLR passengers, particularly in the busy
sections, are only travelling short distances, and so don’t need seats.
Possibly. But when I commuted on the DLR regularly before covid it was
pretty rare to see a train that was so busy you couldn't get on. Now with
WFH and the EL its highly unlikely its any busier. When we took the sprog
to greenwich a few weeks back for a museum visit during a weekday the train was
pretty empty at bank around 10am and didn't get much busier.
Post by Recliner
I must admit that I was surprised to see the deployment of AI described in
what’s mainly a historical series.
Interesting though. Thankfully we were spared more coo'ing at tiles in some
wrecked former toilet.
Recliner
2024-08-22 14:43:03 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
put more seating in and less standing space.
I suppose the theory is that most DLR passengers, particularly in the busy
sections, are only travelling short distances, and so don’t need seats.
Possibly. But when I commuted on the DLR regularly before covid it was
pretty rare to see a train that was so busy you couldn't get on. Now with
WFH and the EL its highly unlikely its any busier. When we took the sprog
to greenwich a few weeks back for a museum visit during a weekday the train was
pretty empty at bank around 10am and didn't get much busier.
That’s well after the peak. Try 08:30.
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
I must admit that I was surprised to see the deployment of AI described in
what’s mainly a historical series.
Interesting though. Thankfully we were spared more coo'ing at tiles in some
wrecked former toilet.
Yes, I found the Stockwell section quite interesting. It’s a station I know
like about.
Recliner
2024-08-22 15:03:51 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
I must admit that I was surprised to see the deployment of AI described in
what’s mainly a historical series.
Interesting though. Thankfully we were spared more coo'ing at tiles in some
wrecked former toilet.
Yes, I found the Stockwell section quite interesting. It’s a station I know
like about.
little!