Drug Dealers Have Killed This Group
2018-11-15 11:02:18 UTC
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
Recliner
2018-11-15 11:05:42 UTC
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
The drug dealers are indeed a pain that needs a cure, but what could Google
do about it? Usenet is one bit of the Internet it doesn't own or control.
Theo
2018-11-15 16:39:30 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
The drug dealers are indeed a pain that needs a cure, but what could Google
do about it? Usenet is one bit of the Internet it doesn't own or control.
What Google did to uk.telecom was simply disable the group, meaning it
disappeared (including the archives) to anyone using their platform.
And various people's attempts to talk to Google CS were met with 'you should
talk to the group owner', at which point the chorus of 'there isn't one'
seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

A bit of killfiling would seem a more preferable solution.

Theo
2018-11-15 11:08:39 UTC
Maybe creation of uk.transport.london (moderated) ?
Guy Gorton
2018-11-15 17:10:49 UTC
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
It is, of course, an iritation but it takes me about 3 seconds to get
rid of each batch. Not a big penalty.

Guy Gorton
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2018-11-15 17:35:51 UTC
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
What alternative forums are there?
jhk
Bryan Morris
2018-11-15 18:05:48 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
What alternative forums are there?
You're using Forte Agent so I assume you're using Usenet not Google
anyway.

All the drug dealing posts are injected into Usenet via (so called)
Google Groups using "throwaway" gmail accounts
Bryan Morris
Theo
2018-11-15 21:45:24 UTC
Post by Bryan Morris
All the drug dealing posts are injected into Usenet via (so called)
Google Groups using "throwaway" gmail accounts
Having killfiled everyone @gmail.com the group has reverted to its normal
self in my newsreader. Unfortunately that also hides any genuine posters
who use gmail accounts, so I suggest posting using a non-gmail account if
you're using Google Groups.

Theo
Bryan Morris
2018-11-17 14:24:10 UTC
Post by Theo
Post by Bryan Morris
All the drug dealing posts are injected into Usenet via (so called)
Google Groups using "throwaway" gmail accounts
self in my newsreader. Unfortunately that also hides any genuine posters
who use gmail accounts, so I suggest posting using a non-gmail account if
you're using Google Groups.
Theo
Yes I've also killfiled but if anyone is interested just forward the
spam posts to groups-***@google.com

Problem is of course they use various accounts though using keywords in
headers help to block.
Bryan Morris
Optimist
2018-11-18 01:23:46 UTC
The uk.transport newsgroup is fairly quiet lately.
Recliner
2018-11-18 01:42:01 UTC
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
What alternative forums are there?
The uk.transport newsgroup is fairly quiet lately.
It tends to get occasional, long-running threads about driving (quality,
standards, techniques, etc), but is otherwise dead. But at least it doesn't
get the drug dealer spam.
Guy Gorton
2018-11-18 14:40:29 UTC
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
A generous dose of drug scam on this group today, marked and
permanently deleted in about 3 seconds. Quicker than writing this
note !!.

Guy Gorton
Daybreakpharmacy
2018-11-19 14:00:07 UTC
connect in the uk no shipping face to face delivery of Methadone 40mg 10mg Valium (Diazepam) 10mg Tramadol ( Ultram) 50mg, Subutex (Buprenorphine) 8mg Avinza (More call text or whatsapp+4407418 332597

WELCOME TO the Best and reliable and suppliers of pharmaceutical products,pain killers , anxiety pills, research chemicals products and more world wide.
Our shipping and delivery is 100% safe and convenient with tracking number.

E-mail us: ***@gmail.com

whatsapp: +4407418 332597

* Nembutal (Powder, Pills and Liquid form)
* Oxycotin / Oxycodone 10, 20 , 40 and 80 mg
* Actavis Promethazine Codeine Purple Cough Syrup (16oz and 320z)
* Hydrocodone 10500, 10325 , 7.5750 mg
* Valium 10, 15 and 20 mg
*Xanax 1 and 2 mg
* Dilaudid 2, 4 and 8 mg
*Ritalin 5, 10, 20 mg
* Percocet 7.5mg, 5mg and 10mg
* Opana 20mg and 40mg
* Ketamine 10ml
* Rohypnol 2mg
* Steroid
* adderall 30mg
Roxicodone 30mg,
Methadone 40mg 10mg
Valium (Diazepam) 10mg
Tramadol ( Ultram) 50mg,
Subutex (Buprenorphine) 8mg
Avinza (Morphine Sulfate) 120mg capsule,
Endocet (Oxycodone & Acetaminophen) 10/325mg,
Actiq (Fentanyl Citrate) 400mcg
Ecstacy
Ambien 5mg 10 mg
oxycodone 30mg, 5-IAI,
Opana 20mg, 40mg
Methadone 40mg 10mg
vicoprofen (generic:hydrocodone-ibuprofen)
hydrocodone-ibuprofen (brand name:vicoprofen)
suboxone

-100% Discrete and Confidential ,
-Your personal details are 100% SECURE.,
-Your orders are 100% Secure and Anonymous.,
-Fast Worldwide Delivery (You can track and trace with your tracking number provided).
tim...
2018-12-30 11:14:01 UTC
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
returned from 6 day Xmas break

59 messages waiting

not a single one a genuine post

tim
Optimist
2018-12-30 12:54:07 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
returned from 6 day Xmas break
59 messages waiting
not a single one a genuine post
tim
Whenever I see such a post, I set up a filter to ignore messages with particular word(s) in the
subject line.
tim...

not very successfully, obviously
Roland Perry
Roland Perry
Ian Jackson
2018-12-30 22:18:26 UTC
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Optimist
Post by tim...
Post by C
And Google does nothing of curse. Time for moderation.
returned from 6 day Xmas break
59 messages waiting
not a single one a genuine post
Whenever I see such a post, I set up a filter to ignore messages with
particular word(s) in the subject line.
Works for me.
The trouble is that the Subject line keeps changing (especially the
fancy names of the drugs). I have over twenty to trigger a kill, and I'm
fed up with constantly having to add to it.
However, it was pointed out a few days ago that all the drug posts have
a Gmail address - so simply killfile all posts from *@gmail.com (or
something similar, depending on your news client). While that will kill
any bona fide posts with a Gmail address, there don't actually seem to
be any at the moment.

My alternative suggestion was for bona fide posters always to add a
known 'code word' to the Subject like, and to trigger to accept on that
(and to reject all posts without it).
Ian
Bryan Morris
2018-12-31 01:56:11 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
The trouble is that the Subject line keeps changing (especially the
fancy names of the drugs). I have over twenty to trigger a kill, and
I'm fed up with constantly having to add to it.
Why they target this group I know not and yes they use constantly
changing subject lines to make it harder to kill on subjects.

I say "they" I suspect it is one bloody minded individual.
Post by Ian Jackson
However, it was pointed out a few days ago that all the drug posts have
something similar, depending on your news client). While that will kill
any bona fide posts with a Gmail address, there don't actually seem to
be any at the moment.
I now have none of these by simply killing all posts from gmail
addresses. As you say there doesn't appear to be any genuine posters
using that .
Post by Ian Jackson
My alternative suggestion was for bona fide posters always to add a
known 'code word' to the Subject like, and to trigger to accept on that
(and to reject all posts without it).
Messier way to achieve the same effect. Any non regular poster who isn't
aware of this will never be read
Bryan Morris
Offramp
2018-12-31 03:32:40 UTC
Can you read this?
tim...
I guess he probably can't
Bryan Morris
2018-12-31 10:29:15 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Offramp
Post by Bryan Morris
I now have none of these by simply killing all posts from gmail
addresses. As you say there doesn't appear to be any genuine posters
using that
Can you read this?
I guess he probably can't
Correct, but retrievable
Bryan Morris
Bryan Morris
2018-12-31 10:34:42 UTC
Post by Offramp
Post by Bryan Morris
I now have none of these by simply killing all posts from gmail
addresses. As you say there doesn't appear to be any genuine posters
using that
Can you read this?
Retrieved and (experimentally) added to my accept rule.
Bryan Morris
Offramp
2018-12-31 10:51:03 UTC
Post by Bryan Morris
Retrieved and (experimentally) added to my accept rule.
Thanks!
I have done it! I have been accepted for Usenet!
I am the Louis Pasteur of newsgroups.
Bryan Morris
2018-12-31 11:03:35 UTC
Post by Offramp
Post by Bryan Morris
Retrieved and (experimentally) added to my accept rule.
Thanks!
I have done it! I have been accepted for Usenet!
I am the Louis Pasteur of newsgroups.
LOL yep.
For those particularly using Turnpike, the kill rules tab also has a
radio button named "accept". If any person is added to it, even using
gmail, it overrides the gmail kill rule.
Bryan Morris
Roland Perry
2018-12-31 12:23:46 UTC
Post by Bryan Morris
For those particularly using Turnpike, the kill rules tab also has a
radio button named "accept".
It's the standard Turnpike "new rule" dialogue which are generically
either "accept" or "reject".
Post by Bryan Morris
If any person is added to it, even using gmail, it overrides the gmail
kill rule.
Only if that rule is higher up the list [Move up], so that it's actioned
first.
Roland Perry
Ian Jackson
2018-12-31 08:34:38 UTC
Post by Ian Jackson
My alternative suggestion was for bona fide posters always to add a
known 'code word' to the Subject like, and to trigger to accept on
that (and to reject all posts without it).
Messier way to achieve the same effect. Any non regular poster who
isn't aware of this will never be read
But if you're rejecting all Gmailers, neither will* any bona fide
posters with Gmail addresses.
*This depends on what your news client does - or can do - with rejected
posts. As I said before, mine natively lists all rejected posts as a
separate group, thus giving you the opportunity to cast your eye down it
in case there are any non-drug posts. Others might simply delete them,
and if this is not what you want, you will have to tell it what to do.
Ian
Roland Perry
2018-12-31 08:45:38 UTC
Post by Bryan Morris
Post by Ian Jackson
However, it was pointed out a few days ago that all the drug posts
(or something similar, depending on your news client). While that will
kill any bona fide posts with a Gmail address, there don't actually
seem to be any at the moment.
I now have none of these by simply killing all posts from gmail
addresses. As you say there doesn't appear to be any genuine posters
using that .
There's at least five people in the current month.
--
Roland Perry