he is the first villager in his village to arrive in London, UK,
BYDbro
2024-08-13 08:09:26 UTC
1-10, with English subtitles

he say that he is the first villager in the village to arrive in London,
UK,

https://www.ixigua.com/7386008124517253641?id=7381702052721721867&logTag=1a61d17921de0b9fad06
https://www.ixigua.com/7386008124517253641?id=7387258463279120922&logTag=64e60b6994a4c4b98f78

Normal scenes observed by Chinese tourists in London neighborhoods, UK

https://www.ixigua.com/7390346270189027859?logTag=6c3ddee91db9ce3fac03
Clank
2024-08-13 09:09:35 UTC
Post by BYDbro
Normal scenes observed by Chinese tourists in London neighborhoods, UK
https://www.ixigua.com/7390346270189027859?logTag=6c3ddee91db9ce3fac03
In an attempt to get in before the anti-Chinese rants derail it entirely:

On the homeless and trash and general sense of a city on its arse: Let's
be honest, he's not wrong. London has felt like it's increasingly on its
uppers since 2020, in my experience. And while I know some on here will
blame Khan, I had friends from Leeds visit me recently who assured me it
was just as bad there.

There is definitely less trash, graffiti, and visible homelessness in the
Chinese cities I know, although they are not immune - you *will* find
people begging on the Shanghai metro, for example. Then again there's
less trash and visible homelessness in practically any city in Europe -
eastern Europe included (I think we still win at graffiti though.) The UK
does not in general feel like it's been on the winning side of the last
decade...

On the "number of police" point, I'd say it's a draw to be honest. Every
Chinese metro/railway station has security checkpoints/bag scanners and
the like, so I think they're clutching at a bit of a straw there. And it
certainly feels like there are a lot more police stations in Chinese
cities (often little cubicles not much bigger than the police boxes of
yore) at major traffic intersections and the like than in say London,
although I can't say I feel like that's a bad thing to be honest. Given
the amount of CCTV in London though I certainly wouldn't say I feel any
more surveilled in an average Chinese city than in London; the bigger
concern is the Chinese state's alarming ability to actually act
competently on the information they gather rather than the number of them
doing it.
Clank
2024-08-13 09:14:06 UTC
Post by BYDbro
Normal scenes observed by Chinese tourists in London neighborhoods, UK
https://www.ixigua.com/7390346270189027859?logTag=6c3ddee91db9ce3fac03
Oh, and as for clean water: yeah, no, he can stick that in a pipe and
smoke it. I've no doubt the Thames probably is sick these days, but I can
say with confidence that the Xiang River doesn't flow, it oozes. And
while the number of days where you literally cannot see the ground from my
office on the 46th floor in China, because the pollution is so thick,
*have* reduced they are still far from uncommon (especially in winter.)
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-13 11:03:40 UTC
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 09:09:35 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Clank
On the homeless and trash and general sense of a city on its arse: Let's
be honest, he's not wrong. London has felt like it's increasingly on its
uppers since 2020, in my experience. And while I know some on here will
blame Khan, I had friends from Leeds visit me recently who assured me it
was just as bad there.
While I'm no fan of khan this is clearly nothing to do with him. You let
700K low skilled immigrants in every year and many will end up on the streets.
Some Kurdish scum who'd come over illegally and was sleeping rough pushed
a guy onto the tracks at a tube station recently. Was found guilty though
I imagine prison will be a step up accomodation wise for him and fat chance
he'll be deported as the usual bleeding hearts will no doubt complain.
Post by Clank
There is definitely less trash, graffiti, and visible homelessness in the
Chinese cities I know, although they are not immune - you *will* find
people begging on the Shanghai metro, for example. Then again there's
less trash and visible homelessness in practically any city in Europe -
Clearly you've not visited paris or dublin recently.
Post by Clank
the like, so I think they're clutching at a bit of a straw there. And it
certainly feels like there are a lot more police stations in Chinese
cities (often little cubicles not much bigger than the police boxes of
yore) at major traffic intersections and the like than in say London,
We'd have more police if it wasn't for Theresa May when home secretary.
I've still never seen any good reason why she cut them so much. I can only
assume it was some ideological and/or religious bullshit.
Recliner
2024-08-13 11:20:03 UTC
Post by Clank
the like, so I think they're clutching at a bit of a straw there. And it
certainly feels like there are a lot more police stations in Chinese
cities (often little cubicles not much bigger than the police boxes of
yore) at major traffic intersections and the like than in say London,
We'd have more police if it wasn't for Theresa May when home secretary.
I've still never seen any good reason why she cut them so much. I can only
assume it was some ideological and/or religious bullshit.
I see yesterday’s stabbing of an 11-year-old girl in Leicester Square was
by a Romanian man of no fixed abode called Ioan Pintaru. He was disarmed by
an unarmed security guard called Ahmed, whose accent suggests he’s also an
immigrant.
Clank
2024-08-13 11:44:09 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
[...]
Indeed, headline news over here:

https://www.digi24.ro/stiri/actualitate/atacatorul-care-a-injunghiat-o-
fetita-de-11-ani-in-londra-este-roman-2893113

Maybe we can do a prisoner swap with Tate in due course.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-13 12:53:06 UTC
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 11:20:03 GMT
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
We'd have more police if it wasn't for Theresa May when home secretary.
I've still never seen any good reason why she cut them so much. I can only
assume it was some ideological and/or religious bullshit.
I see yesterday’s stabbing of an 11-year-old girl in Leicester Square was
by a Romanian man of no fixed abode called Ioan Pintaru. He was disarmed by
Didn't know. I thought EU nationals if they had no job or fixed abode were
now deported and not even the most died in the wool wokies could claim Romania
is an unsafe country these days.
an unarmed security guard called Ahmed, whose accent suggests he’s also an
immigrant.
No doubt. Employers are far more keen to hire immigrants in low skilled jobs
who they can get shot of fast because they don't know their rights.
Clank
2024-08-14 07:58:22 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Recliner
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
We'd have more police if it wasn't for Theresa May when home
secretary. I've still never seen any good reason why she cut them so
much. I can only assume it was some ideological and/or religious
bullshit.
I see yesterday’s stabbing of an 11-year-old girl in Leicester Square
was by a Romanian man of no fixed abode called Ioan Pintaru. He was
disarmed by
Didn't know. I thought EU nationals if they had no job or fixed abode
were now deported and not even the most died in the wool wokies could
claim Romania is an unsafe country these days.
If he's of no-fixed-abode it seems *unlikely* that he went through all the
paperwork and bullshit required to get permanent leave to remain based on
pre-Brexit status, so indeed, it seems like he probably should have been
deported.

That he wasn't comes as absolutely zero surprise though; my main issue
with the Tories endless banging on about small boats is not that I don't
think the UK should be able to control its borders, it's that I think they
use small boats as a convenient distraction from the fact that there is
absolutely zero control once people are in the country, and nobody has the
faintest idea how many people are even there legally or otherwise.

I mean, as in immigrant myself, I know quite a few in the community here
in Romania - I know *for a fact* that it's routine for people to get
deported PDQ if they overstay a work permit or lose their job and don't
get another one within the required time limit. From my pretty extensive
experience waiting for flights in Otopeni, I'd say a plane to Istanbul
which *didn't* have Immigration Inspectorate (IGI) officials escorting
someone onto the plane would be exceptional... Once you're in the UK
though it seems you're pretty much home and dry.

Of course, ID cards would help. I know of people who've been stopped by
police walking in the park, asked to show their ID, and have been on a
flight out within 48 hours when they couldn't show the right papers (ID
cards show your permanent address, right to work, and for foreigners on a
work permit the details of their employer as well, so it's trivial for
police or any other authority you come into contact with to check your
status.) Given the world we live in today - where people are happy to
share far more data than is on an ID database with American, Chinese and
God-knows-where-else companies in exchange for cat videos - I do think the
UK should revisit the national ID card idea if it's serious about doing
something about controlling immigration.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-14 08:14:36 UTC
On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 07:58:22 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Clank
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
[...]
The Tories never had any intention of doing anything about immigration. They
had 14 years to sort it and did fuck all except tell us how tough they would be
on it and if it looked like they weren't being believed they'd blame the civil
service or the courts or little green men. The rot started with Cameron who
was simply Blair with a blue tie and continued until this year. Labour won't
do any more about it but at least the pretense has been dropped.
Post by Clank
God-knows-where-else companies in exchange for cat videos - I do think the
UK should revisit the national ID card idea if it's serious about doing
something about controlling immigration.
Blair wanted them but he got serious push back from the hard left so dropped it.
Whenever the idea is mentioned a load of BS starts blowing from certain
quarters about ooman rites and big brother even though most european states
who these same people look up to have them.

But then we had complaints about people having to provide id to vote recently
too. Go figure. A lot of people in this country live in a parallel universe
in their heads.
Ken
2024-08-14 08:38:38 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Clank
the like, so I think they're clutching at a bit of a straw there. And it
certainly feels like there are a lot more police stations in Chinese
cities (often little cubicles not much bigger than the police boxes of
yore) at major traffic intersections and the like than in say London,
We'd have more police if it wasn't for Theresa May when home secretary.
I've still never seen any good reason why she cut them so much. I can only
assume it was some ideological and/or religious bullshit.
She seemed to have a violent dislike of the police. Remember that
conference she attended?

Maybe a policeman told her off for running through a field of wheat.
M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-14 14:25:49 UTC
On Wed, 14 Aug 2024 09:38:38 +0100
Post by Ken
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
Post by Clank
the like, so I think they're clutching at a bit of a straw there. And it
certainly feels like there are a lot more police stations in Chinese
cities (often little cubicles not much bigger than the police boxes of
yore) at major traffic intersections and the like than in say London,
We'd have more police if it wasn't for Theresa May when home secretary.
I've still never seen any good reason why she cut them so much. I can only
assume it was some ideological and/or religious bullshit.
She seemed to have a violent dislike of the police. Remember that
conference she attended?
Not offhand but I definately got that impression. Totally the wrong person to
have been made home secretary never mind PM. Personally I think she was even
less suitable for high office than Truss, the latter being brought down by the
money men rather than the disdain of the population at large.

Frankly I think she has a screw slightly loose.
Post by Ken
Maybe a policeman told her off for running through a field of wheat.
:o)

It was very strange whatever the reason.

BYDbro
2024-08-13 09:53:17 UTC
Shanghai Lujiazui Night Walk Tour(Latest Release)

M***@dastardlyhq.com
2024-08-13 11:04:48 UTC
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 08:09:26 +0000
1-10 with English subtitles
he say that he is the first villager in the village to arrive in London,
UK,
Chinese propaganda. If your selective in what you video you can make any
city look bad. London is no worse than most.
Ken
2024-08-14 08:40:00 UTC
Post by M***@dastardlyhq.com
On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 08:09:26 +0000
1-10? with English subtitles
he say that he is the first villager in the village to arrive in London,
UK,
Chinese propaganda. If your selective in what you video you can make any
city look bad. London is no worse than most.
This time I agree completely with Muttley.