Platform marks
Graham Harrison
2024-02-24 20:38:52 UTC
Born in London but don't often get there these days.

Today, on Euston Square station, I noticed a big white square of paint
about half way along the two platforms. They completely obscure the
yellow line. Then maybe less that half a car towards the rear of the
train a yellow diamond that breaks the yellow line.

Can someone please tell me what they are for?
Blueshirt
2024-02-24 22:28:34 UTC
Post by Graham Harrison
Born in London but don't often get there these days.
Today, on Euston Square station, I noticed a big white square of
paint about half way along the two platforms. They completely
obscure the yellow line. Then maybe less that half a car towards
the rear of the train a yellow diamond that breaks the yellow line.
Can someone please tell me what they are for?
IIRC, the white boxes are where the station staff stand to carry out
their platform duties. As these are the optimal places to stand to
get a good view along the platform.

I think the diamonds are for the driver to use.