What's happening here
2020-09-20 13:43:12 UTC
https://goo.gl/maps/vsrHwfozntYeUxoG7

This is nowhere near the Crossrail alignment, BTW.
Bongwater - 1989 - Too Much Sleep
Recliner
2020-09-20 14:31:55 UTC
https://goo.gl/maps/vsrHwfozntYeUxoG7
This is nowhere near the Crossrail alignment, BTW.
It's presumably to do with the major work at Bank LU station, including the
new Northern line station tunnel.
Basil Jet
2020-09-20 15:59:58 UTC
https://goo.gl/maps/vsrHwfozntYeUxoG7
This is nowhere near the Crossrail alignment, BTW.
It's presumably to do with the major work at Bank LU station, including the
new Northern line station tunnel.
Thanks for playing, but I think you go home empty handed.
Bongwater - 1989 - Too Much Sleep
Graeme Wall
2020-09-20 19:04:52 UTC
https://goo.gl/maps/vsrHwfozntYeUxoG7
This is nowhere near the Crossrail alignment, BTW.
Standard OS survey?
2020-09-20 22:30:44 UTC
https://goo.gl/maps/vsrHwfozntYeUxoG7
This is nowhere near the Crossrail alignment, BTW.
Standard OS survey?
I don't think so. They seem very interested in one particular building.
The Secchi disk-like fiducial markers are stuck on with masking tape,
which means they are expecting movement in the space of a few hours...
the retroreflectors used for monitoring movement during the Crossrail
project were all screwed on so that movement over several weeks could be
monitored. I imagine they were enlarging a cellar, but the whole thing
looks a bit ramshackle with fiducial markers blowing in the wind and
theodolites prone to being knocked by a dog or pigeon.
Soft Machine - 1971 - Fourth
Richard J.
2020-09-20 21:43:46 UTC
https://goo.gl/maps/vsrHwfozntYeUxoG7
This is nowhere near the Crossrail alignment, BTW.
Taken over a year ago. No visible connection with transport, so it looks off-topic to me, as befits the sending address.
:-)
--
Richard J.