Oxford tube - Commuting to oxford from London
j***@hotmail.co.uk
2019-01-21 21:23:25 UTC
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)

Thanks
Basil Jet
2019-01-21 21:39:03 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.co.uk
Hi there,
Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)
If you've only checked the price of rail season tickets, remember that
commuting by train against the peak flow can often be done more cheaply
with day returns.
--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
What by Bruce

Someone Somewhere
2019-01-22 08:01:41 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.co.uk
Hi there,
Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that bad)
Thanks
Unless you live in Hillingdon, and work near Gloucester Green in Oxford,
you're looking at at least an average of 2 hours each way every day - is
that really what you want?
b***@py_.net
2019-01-22 11:17:20 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks
Unless you live in Hillingdon, and work near Gloucester Green in Oxford,
you're looking at at least an average of 2 hours each way every day - is
that really what you want?
Indeed. I once had an interview in Reading for a rather good job, but by
the time I'd driven there I knew I wouldn't be taking it. There was no way
either myself or the car could handle that commute each day.
Roland Perry
2019-01-22 12:09:35 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.co.uk
Hi there,
Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to
oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west
London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping
compared to all the traffic coming into London leaving London
shouldn’t be that bad)
But Oxford is jammed up *inbound* in the morning and *outbound* in the
evening. Where exactly is the job in Oxford?
Arthur Figgis
2019-01-22 22:59:17 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.co.uk
Hi there,
Does anybody know if it is doable/plausible to commute from London to
oxford. The oxford tube looks to be a good option since I live west
London, but I’m not sure about morning rush hour. (I’m hoping compared
to all the traffic coming into London leaving London shouldn’t be that
bad)
But Oxford is jammed
Marmalade, surely?

Post by Roland Perry
evening. Where exactly is the job in Oxford?
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK