Down the Drain
2021-06-05 11:09:25 UTC
Seen on Twitter: The Waterloo & City will open for passenger service on
Monday (7th)

Morning and evening peak only, Monday to Friday

————

I'd previously seen it reported that it would reopen on 21 June, so this
means it might reopen two weeks early.
<https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/05/14/waterloo-city-line-reopen-14-months/>
M***@ha9om3sppx6n.eu
2021-06-05 15:09:00 UTC
On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:09:25 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Recliner
Seen on Twitter: The Waterloo & City will open for passenger service on
Monday (7th)
Morning and evening peak only, Monday to Friday
Now any company with sense will have spent that 14 months giving the line and
the trains a good clean, service and general tarting up. But this being LU I
wonder if they'll simply evict some rats, clear the cobwebs away and open the
gates?
Recliner
2021-06-07 12:30:56 UTC
Post by Recliner
Seen on Twitter: The Waterloo & City will open for passenger service on
Monday (7th)
Morning and evening peak only, Monday to Friday
Now any company with sense will have spent that 14 months giving the line and
the trains a good clean, service and general tarting up. But this being LU I
wonder if they'll simply evict some rats, clear the cobwebs away and open the
gates?
Well, I tried it out this morning, and I see that the cars still carry slightly tatty ads for winter sports, dating from
when the line shut in March 2020. As the re-opening wasn't publicised, there were almost more staff than customers.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157719371032989>
M***@8yksvyaoc67.org
2021-06-07 16:23:10 UTC
Post by Recliner
Seen on Twitter: The Waterloo & City will open for passenger service on
Monday (7th)
Morning and evening peak only, Monday to Friday
Now any company with sense will have spent that 14 months giving the line and
the trains a good clean, service and general tarting up. But this being LU I
wonder if they'll simply evict some rats, clear the cobwebs away and open the
gates?
Well, I tried it out this morning, and I see that the cars still carry
slightly tatty ads for winter sports, dating from
when the line shut in March 2020. As the re-opening wasn't publicised, there
were almost more staff than customers.
Its slightly depressing that they simply couldn't be bothered to tart the
trains up a bit. There must've have been staff there because presumably the
trains would need to be driven a bit to stop them rusting to the rails or
getting problems from damp so why didn't they spend some time on some spit
and polish?