Tottenham Hale NR
2019-04-07 19:28:27 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)

Roland Perry
2019-04-08 06:40:10 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
Wouldn't OHL be an active provision, rather than the passive provision
of a trackbed?
2019-04-08 08:55:59 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
Wouldn't OHL be an active provision, rather than the passive provision
of a trackbed?
Passive provision for the fourth track would include not building OLÉ masts
where you want to put that fourth track; little if any extra cost now, for
a huge saving if/when that fourth track is required.

2019-04-08 09:26:07 UTC
Post by Anna Noyd-Dryver
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
Wouldn't OHL be an active provision, rather than the passive provision
of a trackbed?
Passive provision for the fourth track would include not building OLÉ masts
where you want to put that fourth track; little if any extra cost now, for
a huge saving if/when that fourth track is required.
Ok, so what's the answer?

No passive provision required, passive protection botched, or passive
possession not botched as much as the OP claims?