Tottenham Hale NR
2019-04-07 19:28:27 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)

Roland Perry
2019-04-08 06:40:10 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
Wouldn't OHL be an active provision, rather than the passive provision
of a trackbed?
2019-04-08 08:55:59 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
Wouldn't OHL be an active provision, rather than the passive provision
of a trackbed?
Passive provision for the fourth track would include not building OLÉ masts
where you want to put that fourth track; little if any extra cost now, for
a huge saving if/when that fourth track is required.

2019-04-08 09:26:07 UTC
Post by Anna Noyd-Dryver
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
Wouldn't OHL be an active provision, rather than the passive provision
of a trackbed?
Passive provision for the fourth track would include not building OLÉ masts
where you want to put that fourth track; little if any extra cost now, for
a huge saving if/when that fourth track is required.
Ok, so what's the answer?

No passive provision required, passive protection botched, or passive
possession not botched as much as the OP claims?
2019-05-29 18:38:58 UTC
Viewed from the road bridge, it looks as if the electrification masts
for the new third track foul where the fourth track would go. I thought
all of the present work was supposed to allow passive provision for
Crossrail 2?
I've found an answer to this at
https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2019/02/18/londons-second-quietest-train-station-is-set-to-close-in-may/

++++++++++++
First of all, Network Rail heavily value engineered the route,
destroying any passive provision there would have been, see my FOI on
this:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/crossrail_2_value_engineering_ex

Furthermore, even the previous planning documents prior to the value
engineering conceded that track would have to be re-laid for quad
tracking. This means demolition of signalling and overhead wires and a
long period when Northumberland Park and Meridian Water will be closed
during that period of reconstruction. Clearly a lack of joint up
thinking, forward planning and accountability from Network Rail, are we
surprised?

Secondly, whilst the new station is opening, Abellio Greater Anglia
confirmed at the recent stakeholder meeting that the third track is not
ready and will not be operational in 2019 with no information about when
it will become operational or when trains and drivers will be available
for the 2tph all week service. The next timetable will have no changes,
with just ten trains a day in each direction (peak only) and no weekend
service. Hence the reason why there is only a soft opening of the
station, no grand opening.
++++++++++++
Andy Partridge - Fuzzy Warbles Volume 1
Robin9
2019-06-04 09:09:25 UTC
I was at Tottenham Hale yesterday. Most of the new Platform 2
is open. At the country end it makes a conventional island platform
with 3; in other words the surface is level. At the London end,
Platform 2 is lower than Platform 3 and a barrier has been installed
to prevent people tripping over.

The new footbridge is open but neither the lifts nor the escalators
are working yet. The second gateway on Platform 4 is functioning
now