What was Kings Cross LU station closed yesterday
2020-01-10 12:29:20 UTC
I tried to enter Kings Cross St Pancras LU station last night, around
20:30 and found the entrances closed, and Please Evacuate warnings
being played on the PA, with the occasional Inspector Sands message
interspersed. I hung around for a few minutes before giving up and
getting home another way. There was one fire engine parked outside one
of the entrances.

Does anyone know what the problem was? I can't find any news reports,
so I assume it wasn't anything serious (probably a false alarm).
Roland Perry
2020-01-10 13:01:03 UTC
I tried to enter Kings Cross St Pancras LU station last night, around
20:30 and found the entrances closed, and Please Evacuate warnings
being played on the PA, with the occasional Inspector Sands message
interspersed. I hung around for a few minutes before giving up and
getting home another way. There was one fire engine parked outside one
of the entrances.
Does anyone know what the problem was? I can't find any news reports,
so I assume it wasn't anything serious (probably a false alarm).
One similar question on Twitter. No answers. Reopened at around 9.15pm
2020-01-10 13:42:44 UTC
I tried to enter Kings Cross St Pancras LU station last night, around
20:30 and found the entrances closed, and Please Evacuate warnings
being played on the PA, with the occasional Inspector Sands message
interspersed. I hung around for a few minutes before giving up and
getting home another way. There was one fire engine parked outside one
of the entrances.
Does anyone know what the problem was? I can't find any news reports,
so I assume it wasn't anything serious (probably a false alarm).
One similar question on Twitter. No answers. Reopened at around 9.15pm
I didn't even manage to find that when I searched Twitter!

The app on my phone said that all lines were running normally (which
was probably technically true -- I think the trains themselves were
running normally).