Whats going on at Moorgate?
b***@cylonHQ.com
2018-05-21 12:38:12 UTC
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Recliner
2018-05-21 12:44:10 UTC
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Offramp
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
Roland Perry
2018-05-21 14:30:24 UTC
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.
2018-05-21 15:00:43 UTC
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.
Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
CWL Moorgate platforms:
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV
Roland Perry
2018-05-21 15:52:47 UTC
In message
<231634934.548607294.791174.recliner.ng-***@news.eternal-septe
mber.org>, at 15:00:43 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Recliner
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.
Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV
Are trains for those due in September too?
2018-05-21 16:19:01 UTC
In message
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.
Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV
Are trains for those due in September too?
No, nothing happens in September; I don't know where that date came from.

That part of the Elizabeth line is due to open in December (which could
slip, though they're trying very hard to keep to it), with 9-car class 345
trains from Abbey Wood to Paddington (Low level).

The outer TfL Rail sections should be re-branded on the same date, but the
three services will remain separate at that stage.
Roland Perry
2018-05-21 16:44:44 UTC
In message
<2011537746.548611972.749401.recliner.ng-***@news.eternal-sept
ember.org>, at 16:19:01 on Mon, 21 May 2018, Recliner
In message
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been
partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.
Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV
Are trains for those due in September too?
No, nothing happens in September; I don't know where that date came from.
717's start to replace the 313's
2018-05-21 20:10:54 UTC
In message
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September?
I have no idea!
They use a completely different set of (subterranean) platforms.
Indeed so. The Elizabeth line Moorgate and Liverpool St station entrances
share one pair of much longer, deeper platforms to the southeast of the old
https://goo.gl/images/5gg9sV
Are trains for those due in September too?
No, nothing happens in September; I don't know where that date came from.
717's start to replace the 313's
Yes, of course.

I was obviously talking about Crossrail.
Recliner
2018-05-21 14:55:26 UTC
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Is it nothing to do with the new trains that are due in September? I have no idea!
LU doesn't have any new trains arriving in September. And the CWL to
Moorgate have been transferred to LU, and no longer have any connection to
the NR network. They are being turned into LU S stock sidings.
b***@cylonHQ.com
2018-05-22 15:43:30 UTC
On Mon, 21 May 2018 13:44:10 +0100
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Surely that just requires laying some conductor rail? Plus there's nothing
happening at Barbican, the line is still blocked with a partition wall at
the west end of the station.
Recliner
2018-05-22 18:46:14 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?
Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.
Surely that just requires laying some conductor rail? Plus there's nothing
happening at Barbican, the line is still blocked with a partition wall at
the west end of the station.
At the very least, several new crossovers and signals are needed.