Trains digging their own tunnels
Optimist
2016-11-12 20:05:45 UTC
The live Map of London Underground Trains is brilliant but every so often on moving trains are shown
where there are no lines. Like through the middle of Hyde Park. Very odd.

http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/
Richard J.
2016-11-12 23:27:30 UTC
Post by Optimist
The live Map of London Underground Trains is brilliant but every so often on moving trains are shown
where there are no lines. Like through the middle of Hyde Park. Very odd.
http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/
It seems to be related to the weekend closure of the H&C/Circle between
Edgware Road and Hammersmith. I think it's confused, for example, by an
H&C train that is heading for High Street Kensington, and since the H&C
doesn't go there, it just takes the shortest route across the park.
Presumably there are some non-standard routings this weekend that it
doesn't manage to cope with (or perhaps the LU system doesn't report
them properly).
--
Richard J.
Optimist
I also noted some going at high speed from east to west which I imagine can only be aircraft.
Offramp
I saw a few of those as well. So scarily fast that it is quite funny!
Rink
2019-10-14 16:41:45 UTC
Post by Optimist
Post by Richard J.
Post by Optimist
http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/
It seems to be related to the weekend closure of the H&C/Circle
between Edgware Road and Hammersmith. I think it's confused, for
example, by an H&C train that is heading for High Street
Kensington, and since the H&C doesn't go there, it just takes the
shortest route across the park. Presumably there are some
non-standard routings this weekend that it doesn't manage to cope
with (or perhaps the LU system doesn't report them properly).
I also noted some going at high speed from east to west which I
imagine can only be aircraft.
I saw a few of those as well. So scarily fast that it is quite
funny!
Still in 2019,
especially DLR trains....
I saw one following the Thames river very fast.
comment (if you click on this train):
DLR train to [-940GZZDLBNK]
(left Bank DLR Station,
expected Elverson Road DLR Station in 1.0 minutes)

And also a train crossing Kensington Gardens very fast.
Comment:
District train to Edgware Road [047-940GZZLUERC]
(left Fulham Broadway Station,
expected Paddington Station in 1.4 minutes)

Rink