Diamond Geezer visits Farringdon Elizabeth Line station
2018-06-16 09:19:19 UTC
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
Roland Perry
2018-06-16 09:27:28 UTC
In message
<1458581102.550833263.549818.recliner.ng-***@news.eternal-sept
ember.org>, at 09:19:19 on Sat, 16 Jun 2018, Recliner
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
"What really struck me was the vivid purple colour, apparently chosen to
match the colour of the Queen's outfit when she came to open the line."

ROFL! And there's no possibility she wore Purple to match the proposed
new colour of the line, I suppose?
https://goo.gl/images/NY4KHi
Offramp
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which appears on no national flags.
Basil Jet
2018-06-17 00:25:02 UTC
In message
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
"What really struck me was the vivid purple colour, apparently chosen to
match the colour of the Queen's outfit when she came to open the line."
ROFL! And there's no possibility she wore Purple to match the proposed
new colour of the line, I suppose?
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which appears on no national flags.
Purple dye was traditionally very expensive.
--
Basil Jet - listening to music from 1981(G-Q) ... Gang Of Four - Gary
Numan - Glenn Branca - Grace Jones - Heaven 17 - Holger Czukay - Japan -
Schaumburg - Public Image Ltd - Pulp
Recliner
2018-06-17 01:04:35 UTC
In message
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
"What really struck me was the vivid purple colour, apparently chosen to
match the colour of the Queen's outfit when she came to open the line."
ROFL! And there's no possibility she wore Purple to match the proposed
new colour of the line, I suppose?
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which
appears on no national flags.
Purple dye was traditionally very expensive.
Yes, it's a royal colour, and with the right colour pairings, can look very
smart.
Recliner
2018-06-17 01:12:15 UTC
In message
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
"What really struck me was the vivid purple colour, apparently chosen to
match the colour of the Queen's outfit when she came to open the line."
ROFL! And there's no possibility she wore Purple to match the proposed
new colour of the line, I suppose?
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which appears
on no national flags.
Actually, it appears on two (or, arguably, four) national flags. It would
probably appear in many more if purple dye hadn't been both expensive and
difficult to make until the mid-nineteenth century. The suffragette flag
also used it.
tim...
2018-06-17 12:25:58 UTC
In message
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
"What really struck me was the vivid purple colour, apparently chosen to
match the colour of the Queen's outfit when she came to open the line."
ROFL! And there's no possibility she wore Purple to match the proposed
new colour of the line, I suppose?
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which appears
on no national flags.
Actually, it appears on two (or, arguably, four) national flags.
well I got that information from Google too

the claimed answers are:

Dominica, where the amount of purple is minuscule

and

Nicaragua, where a further Google says that it's actually blue.
tim...
2018-06-17 12:27:14 UTC
In message
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
"What really struck me was the vivid purple colour, apparently chosen to
match the colour of the Queen's outfit when she came to open the line."
ROFL! And there's no possibility she wore Purple to match the proposed
new colour of the line, I suppose?
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which appears
on no national flags.
I was in the computer shop on Friday, and on presentation was an HP laptop
in bright purple. Looked horrendous - and I told the assistant that :-)

tim
John Williamson
2018-06-17 13:14:41 UTC
I find purple to be a very bilious colour. It is the colour which
appears on no national flags.
I was in the computer shop on Friday, and on presentation was an HP
laptop in bright purple.  Looked horrendous - and I told the assistant
that :-)
I know someone who would have bought that without turning it on, and no,
she's not colour blind.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
tim...
2018-06-17 12:29:01 UTC
In message
Post by Recliner
<http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2018/06/farringdon-crossrail.html>
BTW

I liked his report on the King's Cross housing developments, further down
the page :-)

Not quite so convinced about the reports on his out of town trips to some
Historic buildings.