tube delay refunds
2018-03-28 18:41:10 UTC
Yesterday, when I got back to LHR I went down to the platforms at T123 and
waited (along with a 100 other people) 20-25 minutes for a train to appear.

So that entitles me (and everybody else on the platform at that time, plus
probably everybody waiting at all the stations to Acton Town) to a refund
for my/their journey.

I tried doing it online, but because I originally registered my card to a
"throw away" email I'd forgotten my account details, so I had to phone up to
fix that (I'd been putting that task off for the past 10 years).

He solved that problem and has now transferred my card to my current email
address, so I asked him if he could process my refund.

After I told him my journey he said, "Oh there are no delays showing for the
Picc yesterday" (only 4 trains in a row were cancelled)

But he believed my story and processed a refund, but had I done it online it
would have been rejected.

Well what a crock of **** that is.

It all relies upon TfL staff admitting that there was a delay in the first
place.

and if they don't, you're ******

Not that I'm going to lose sleep over 3 pounds.

tim
Guy Gorton
2018-03-29 06:55:42 UTC
[...]
And how much did this delay cost you in money?

Guy Gorton
tim...
2018-03-29 07:56:15 UTC
Post by Guy Gorton
Post by tim...
[...]
I missed the train home that I expected to catch

so 30 minutes wait for the next.

tim
Michael R N Dolbear
2018-03-29 18:43:56 UTC
Post by Guy Gorton
Post by tim...
Not that I'm going to lose sleep over 3 pounds.
And how much did this delay cost you in money?
How would you calculate it, supposing you had to either buy a new ticket OR
wait 3 hours for the end of the evening peak?
Mike D
Guy Gorton
2018-03-30 08:26:44 UTC
On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 19:43:56 +0100, "Michael R N Dolbear"
Post by Michael R N Dolbear
Post by Guy Gorton
Post by tim...
Not that I'm going to lose sleep over 3 pounds.
And how much did this delay cost you in money?
How would you calculate it, supposing you had to either buy a new ticket OR
wait 3 hours for the end of the evening peak?
Justifiable in that case. The compensation culture has done a lot of
harm. My own experience in the last couple of years has been salutary
- motor accident in 2016 wrote off my car, all costs met by the other
party's insurance but I have been pestered time and time again to
claim compensation for the inconvenience and trauma. I have not
succumbed.

Guy Gorton