Tunnels from Willesden Junction to Hackney and Wimbledon
2020-02-02 14:47:37 UTC
One of London's other underground tunnel networks:

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london>
Basil Jet
2020-02-03 00:17:32 UTC
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london>
I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.
Pere Ubu With Sarah Jane Morris - 2009 - Long Live Père Ubu!
Marland
2020-02-03 03:45:20 UTC
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london>
I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.
Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by camera is what it has been installed for.

2020-02-03 05:31:28 UTC
Post by Marland
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london>
I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.
Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by camera is what it has been installed for.
Ah. There's a difference between a schwebebahn that can transport a
camera and a schwebebahn that can transport a man. I wonder.
Pere Ubu - 2009 - Bring Me The Head Of Ubu Roi
Graeme Wall
2020-02-03 11:30:53 UTC
Post by Marland
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-51315970/inside-the-hidden-power-tunnels-of-london>
I presume the rail beneath the roof is for a schwebebahn like they have
in the power tunnel from Elstree to St Johns Wood.
Would not be surprised if some of the footage was taken from the vehicle as
remote controlled inspection by camera is what it has been installed for.
Ah. There's a difference between a schwebebahn that can transport a
camera and a schwebebahn that can transport a man. I wonder.
The manufacturer doesn’t give much detail on their website but they are
supplying equipment for an existing tunnel that is being reequipped in the
Croydon area rather than the new build featured in the BBC clip.

http://www.fataautomation.co.uk/case-studies/tunnel-inspection-vehicle.html

Perhaps National Grid wants to install such a system as standard where it
can on similar new and refurb projects if space permits.