New footbridge near Brent Cross open yet?
Basil Jet
2021-08-08 20:40:20 UTC
This rather confused article...

https://londonnewstime.com/brent-cross-road-will-be-closed-due-to-station-development-work/316212/

... says that Geron Way NW2 was closed during some of the period leading
to 2nd August for the installation of a crane to put a new footbridge
over the Midland Mainline. I'm wondering if the new footbridge is open
to pedestrians yet.
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
1979 - The Undertones - The Undertones
Charles Ellson
2021-08-09 00:00:09 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
This rather confused article...
https://londonnewstime.com/brent-cross-road-will-be-closed-due-to-station-development-work/316212/
... says that Geron Way NW2 was closed during some of the period leading
to 2nd August for the installation of a crane to put a new footbridge
over the Midland Mainline. I'm wondering if the new footbridge is open
to pedestrians yet.
If it is this one then you are a year too early :-
https://transformingbx.co.uk/new-bridge-is-completed-as-station-comes-ever-closer/
"Over the weekend the second part of the bridge was lifted into place,
ahead of opening to the public along with the station itself in late
2022."
Basil Jet
2021-08-09 00:50:31 UTC
Post by Charles Ellson
Post by Basil Jet
This rather confused article...
https://londonnewstime.com/brent-cross-road-will-be-closed-due-to-station-development-work/316212/
... says that Geron Way NW2 was closed during some of the period leading
to 2nd August for the installation of a crane to put a new footbridge
over the Midland Mainline. I'm wondering if the new footbridge is open
to pedestrians yet.
If it is this one then you are a year too early :-
https://transformingbx.co.uk/new-bridge-is-completed-as-station-comes-ever-closer/
"Over the weekend the second part of the bridge was lifted into place,
ahead of opening to the public along with the station itself in late
2022."
Thanks.

Wow. So it will sit unused for a year before they let anyone on it. How
annoying is that for the locals?
--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
2012 - New Sacral - Factory Star