Crossrail to be finished without Bond Street 'by March 2021'
2019-04-25 21:30:12 UTC
Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789
--
Basil Jet - Current favourite song...
Spratleys Japs - Hands (Marc Riley session)

Recliner
2019-04-25 21:37:20 UTC
Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789
Yes, I knew it was behind the other stations, but I wonder what's gone so
badly wrong?
Roland Perry
2019-04-26 06:05:46 UTC
Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789
Yes, I knew it was behind the other stations, but I wonder what's gone so
badly wrong?
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that they'd used "the wrong type
of concrete" for some of the construction, and implied they were having
to chip that out and replace it.
2019-04-26 06:42:20 UTC
Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789
Yes, I knew it was behind the other stations, but I wonder what's gone so
badly wrong?
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that they'd used "the wrong type
of concrete" for some of the construction, and implied they were having
to chip that out and replace it.
Ah, I hadn't seen that, perhaps because I was away. It does sound like a
beginner's mistake, hardly to be expected in a flagship project like that.
Rolf Mantel
2019-04-29 09:59:22 UTC
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that they'd used "the wrong type
of concrete" for some of the construction, and implied they were having
to chip that out and replace it.
Ah, I hadn't seen that, perhaps because I was away. It does sound like a
beginner's mistake, hardly to be expected in a flagship project like that.
Oh, in Germany, "we" made that mistake with the concrete sleepers for
several lines renovated to high-speed standard in the 1990's; they were
happy to renovate Halle-Berlin a second time some 10 years later.
Roland Perry
2019-04-26 05:52:34 UTC
Wow. No date announced for Bond Street at all.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48054789
They obviously think that it won't be ready for the new opening window,
and once trains are running, it's to be expected that progress on
finishing it off will slow down.