Goblin timings
2021-02-25 06:28:01 UTC
I'm sure I've commented on this before, but they are still using the
same timings from the diesel days, even thought the full electric fleet
entered service by August 2019. Barking Riverside is supposed to open in
July 2022, so I suppose there will now be no timetable change until May
2022. It must be very disappointing for people who use the line daily.
1999 - Field Recordings From The Cook County Water Table - Brokeback
m***@round-midnight.org.uk
2021-02-25 09:02:01 UTC
I'm sure I've commented on this before, but they are still using the
same timings from the diesel days, even thought the full electric fleet
entered service by August 2019. Barking Riverside is supposed to open in
July 2022, so I suppose there will now be no timetable change until May
2022. It must be very disappointing for people who use the line daily.
I suspect those responsible for timetables have their hands full with
the frequent network wide timetable changes to worry about the Goblin
and the interlinked services.
Robin9
2021-02-25 11:16:52 UTC
I do still use GOBLIN although far less frequently than pre-COVID
and I haven't been disappointed or inconvenienced by the lack of
change to the timetable.

It should be remembered that the passenger trains have to fit in
with the running times of the numerous freight trains, most of
which are still diesel hauled. The passenger timings probably have
limited flexibility

2021-02-25 10:59:17 UTC
I'm sure I've commented on this before, but they are still using the
same timings from the diesel days, even thought the full electric fleet
entered service by August 2019. Barking Riverside is supposed to open in
July 2022, so I suppose there will now be no timetable change until May
2022. It must be very disappointing for people who use the line daily.
Presumably the timekeeping is better though, as there'll be extra dwell
time at each stop?