New rail map for London & The South East
2020-01-10 14:34:36 UTC
It's green, but when folded it's much smaller and thicker than the
previous editions, having more folds than before. Exeter has reappeared
on the map after about 10 years of absence, and Great Malvern and
Bristol appear for the first time.

My favourite change is that Norfolk is now fully covered. I always
thought a map that showed the whole coast from Weymouth to Felixstowe
and also showed Kings Lynn without showing the Norfolk coast was stupid.

Of course, now that it reaches Bristol I'm annoyed that it doesn't show
Severn Beach. And it shows Bristol and Taunton but not the line joining
them. Seems like some curious decisions have been made.

And don't get me started on how they've shown the Henley and Marlow
branches on the London side!

Who pays for the map? It seems to be National Rail, but isn't the rest
of the country annoyed that no maps of their area are produced?
Minutemen - 1983 - What Makes A Man Start Fires
Basil Jet
2020-01-10 14:46:30 UTC
I've just realised it shows Worcestershire Parkway as open, which AFAIK
is not yet true.
Minutemen - 1983 - What Makes A Man Start Fires
Roland Perry
2020-01-10 14:59:42 UTC
I've just realised it shows Worcestershire Parkway as open, which AFAIK
is not yet true.
on 14th Dec I posted: "26th Jan is the date the station currently starts
appearing in nationalrail OJP results".

But I can't see any now.

Although Paddington-bound trains on RTT are shown as "Service stop
unadvertised" today.
Clive D.W. Feather
2020-01-11 17:06:51 UTC
My favourite change is that Norfolk is now fully covered. I always
thought a map that showed the whole coast from Weymouth to Felixstowe
and also showed Kings Lynn without showing the Norfolk coast was stupid.
Isn't that because it was effectively a Network South East map and that
area wasn't in NSE or served directly from an NSE terminus?
--
Clive D.W. Feather