OT: Naughty LU-roundel rip-off in Greece
2019-05-01 15:26:15 UTC
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
roundel rip-off shop sign in Náfplion:

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>

I don't suppose TfL can realistically do anything to stop such copyright
infringement? The one thing they didn't correctly copy is the font.
Marland
2019-05-01 16:31:10 UTC
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
I don't suppose TfL can realistically do anything to stop such copyright
infringement? The one thing they didn't correctly copy is the font.
I have wondered if the use of it on many Indian stations as seen in this
example

https://images.app.goo.gl/4zwm16B3TSrqxT619

is done with approval from London.
The Font used varies but the resemblance of the whole can not be
coincidental.

Another unusual place I have come across it is here.

https://goo.gl/maps/djmVKJXZ87FfiCjp6

Why a hospital in North Devon needs to use a symbol from London. I don’t
know ,just hope they aren’t wasting the trusts money by paying for it when
there are numerous other ways to write BUS STOP for little cost.
Perhaps it is to make all those ‘Homes in the Country “ types who have
moved down there feel at home.

GH
John Levine
2019-05-01 18:25:45 UTC
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
I don't suppose TfL can realistically do anything to stop such copyright
infringement? The one thing they didn't correctly copy is the font.
It's not copyrighted, it's a trademark. Trademarks are specific to
lines of business and it's hard to believe that a random store in
Greece would be in the same business as TfL.
--
Regards,
John Levine, ***@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
2019-05-01 23:37:57 UTC
Post by John Levine
Post by Recliner
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
I don't suppose TfL can realistically do anything to stop such copyright
infringement? The one thing they didn't correctly copy is the font.
It's not copyrighted, it's a trademark. Trademarks are specific to
lines of business and it's hard to believe that a random store in
Greece would be in the same business as TfL.
This Palmers Green example is well dodgy - font & roundel.
http://www.carsforlondon.co.uk
Zammuto - 2014 - Anchor
Recliner
2019-05-02 00:33:09 UTC
Post by John Levine
Post by Recliner
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
I don't suppose TfL can realistically do anything to stop such copyright
infringement? The one thing they didn't correctly copy is the font.
It's not copyrighted, it's a trademark. Trademarks are specific to
lines of business and it's hard to believe that a random store in
Greece would be in the same business as TfL.
This Palmers Green example is well dodgy - font & roundel.
http://www.carsforlondon.co.uk
Almost Elizabeth Line colours. Does that mean they arrive two years late,
and cost much more than expected?
David Walters
2019-05-01 18:46:03 UTC
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
A little closer to home is the Plym Fish Bar in Plympton:
https://lh3.ggpht.com/p/AF1QipOvrG1IzmPTagLnYEstQGIpRTlMRmwOP3Aj3dtj=s1536
Marland
2019-05-01 20:42:54 UTC
Post by David Walters
Post by Recliner
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
https://lh3.ggpht.com/p/AF1QipOvrG1IzmPTagLnYEstQGIpRTlMRmwOP3Aj3dtj=s1536
At least the place is lined with what interior designers now call Metro
tiles.

GH
Guy Gorton
2019-05-02 11:28:57 UTC
Post by David Walters
Post by Recliner
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
https://lh3.ggpht.com/p/AF1QipOvrG1IzmPTagLnYEstQGIpRTlMRmwOP3Aj3dtj=s1536
So this is where you go with a pocket full of cash that Tfl will not
let you use.

Guy Gorton
Marland
2019-05-02 12:11:01 UTC
Post by Guy Gorton
Post by David Walters
Post by Recliner
On my recent Greek holiday, I came across this particularly cheeky Tube
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/46959521534/in/album-72157691210376323/>
https://lh3.ggpht.com/p/AF1QipOvrG1IzmPTagLnYEstQGIpRTlMRmwOP3Aj3dtj=s1536
So this is where you go with a pocket full of cash that Tfl will not
let you use.
Guy Gorton
Being a seafood place I expect you can use Oyster.