TfL frequencies in Week 7 of lockdown
Recliner
2020-05-08 12:05:46 UTC
Mr Geezer has published a useful summary:
<https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2020/05/tfl-lockdown-status-update.html>
tim...
2020-05-08 14:55:30 UTC
Post by Recliner
<https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2020/05/tfl-lockdown-status-update.html>
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines

Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)

Glad I don't need to get to Paddington

tim
Recliner
2020-05-08 17:03:27 UTC
Post by tim...
Post by Recliner
<https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2020/05/tfl-lockdown-status-update.html>
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines
Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)
Glad I don't need to get to Paddington
Yes, it's a more sparse service than I'd realised (I've not tried to use
the Tube since 19 March).
tim...
2020-05-08 18:15:57 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by tim...
Post by Recliner
<https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2020/05/tfl-lockdown-status-update.html>
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines
Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)
Glad I don't need to get to Paddington
Yes, it's a more sparse service than I'd realised (I've not tried to use
the Tube since 19 March).
I've used it once.

I having not found what I needed from the shops in Tooting I went to Morden,
walked down to the platform and there was a train in 2 minutes

ISTR that the next on the board was the normal 7 or 8 minutes. BICBW

tim
Clive D.W. Feather
2020-05-08 20:53:33 UTC
Post by tim...
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines
Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)
Last day of the Circle was 20th March. On 18th, 19th, and 20th it was
doing the old circuit, with no trains to Hammersmith (the H&C was
handling that; 15 minute service on each).
Clive D.W. Feather
MissRiaElaine
2020-05-08 22:17:00 UTC
Post by Clive D.W. Feather
Post by tim...
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines
Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)
Last day of the Circle was 20th March. On 18th, 19th, and 20th it was
doing the old circuit, with no trains to Hammersmith (the H&C was
handling that; 15 minute service on each).
A proper Circle Line, then. Good stuff :-)
--
Ria in Aberdeen

Recliner
No, no Circle line at all currently.
MissRiaElaine
2020-05-08 22:30:48 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by MissRiaElaine
Post by Clive D.W. Feather
Post by tim...
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines
Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)
Last day of the Circle was 20th March. On 18th, 19th, and 20th it was
doing the old circuit, with no trains to Hammersmith (the H&C was
handling that; 15 minute service on each).
A proper Circle Line, then. Good stuff :-)
No, no Circle line at all currently.
Well there hasn't really been a Circle Line since it stopped being a
circle, well not in my book, anyway.
--
Ria in Aberdeen

tim...
2020-05-09 11:37:22 UTC
Post by Clive D.W. Feather
Post by tim...
wow didn't realise it was that sparse on some lines
Edgware Rd to Earls Court every 15 minutes and no direct service to
Gloucester Road (change at EC)
Last day of the Circle was 20th March. On 18th, 19th, and 20th it was
doing the old circuit, with no trains to Hammersmith (the H&C was
handling that; 15 minute service on each).
I get why the circle is not running

but I don't get the sparse service on the western part

there are 8 trains an hour from Wimbledon, terminating at Earls Court.

they presumably have to shunt forwards, driver change end and shunt back to
the other island platform for the return journey

there are 4 trains per hour Edgware Rd to EC, having to do the same shunt in
the opposite direction

wouldn't it just be simpler running the normal Wimbleware service 8 time an
hour?

Or perhaps all the services terminate in the wrong platform so that they are
ready to return, is that possible at EC?

tim