Crossrail update
2021-03-21 09:51:41 UTC
Mark Wild's latest Crossrail update video:

Graeme Wall
2021-03-21 10:33:14 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
2021-03-21 10:57:22 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.
Graeme Wall
2021-03-21 11:37:03 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.
I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)
2021-03-21 13:53:50 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.
I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)
I suppose there must be some good reason why they add irrelevant background music to what are essentially speech videos?
I personally see no value in it, and hate it if the music drowns out the content, but they keep doing it. Why?
Graeme Wall
2021-03-21 16:39:38 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.
I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)
I suppose there must be some good reason why they add irrelevant background music to what are essentially speech videos?
I personally see no value in it, and hate it if the music drowns out the content, but they keep doing it. Why?
A question I've spent the last 50 years asking!
2021-03-21 15:05:08 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.
I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)
I thought you were a TV cameraman not a lift attendant ?

2021-03-21 16:41:02 UTC
Post by Marland
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Hate the musac! Otherwise a very competent presentation.
It's funny, I just filter the music out. If you'd asked me if there was
music in that video, I'd have said I didn't recall any.
I suspect most people would be the same, it used to be part of my job to
notice these things :-)
I thought you were a TV cameraman not a lift attendant ?
It's a tough life being freelance, you take what you can get.

2021-03-21 18:58:42 UTC
http://youtu.be/9SlZ6zpQiGY
Thanks. That new lift shaft at Hanwell - talk about a monstrous
carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend. There was no
need for it to have anything above platform height apart from a glass
door facing the tracks. I don't understand this obsession with enclosing
lifts - London Bridge is the same, with shafts polluting the view when
the only places that lifts need to be enclosed is within reach of hands.

Here's another Crossrail update about Acton Main Line.

"We want all our stations to have a common look and feel" - er, why? How
about "if it ain't broke don't fix it". There's nothing wrong with
former Great Eastern stations having a Great Eastern look and former
Great Western statins having a Great Western look, and although Acton
Main Line obviously needed to be rebuilt, there is no virtue in it
looking the same as Custom House.
2003 - Echoes - The Rapture