378s refresh
b***@nowhere.co.uk
2019-12-06 16:04:09 UTC
Seems like the Overground 378s are having a refresh. New seat moquettes and a
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.
Recliner
2019-12-06 16:54:51 UTC
Yes, they're giving them the same livery as the new 710s.
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2019-12-08 12:01:42 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Seems like the Overground 378s are having a refresh. New seat moquettes and a
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.
How old are they?
jhk
Recliner
2019-12-08 13:12:37 UTC
On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:01:42 +0100, Jarle Hammen Knudsen
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Seems like the Overground 378s are having a refresh. New seat moquettes and a
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.
How old are they?
There were several orders, so the ages vary. The oldest carriages have
been in service just over 10 years, the youngest only four.
b***@nowhere.co.uk
2019-12-09 09:54:13 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.
How old are they?
There were several orders, so the ages vary. The oldest carriages have
been in service just over 10 years, the youngest only four.
A rare example of a decent train - looks nice inside and out, comfortable and
with decent acceleration (when the drivers can be bothered). Naturally this
situration couldn't last so we now have the fugly, expensive and late 710s.
b***@nowhere.co.uk
2019-12-09 12:11:10 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.
How old are they?
There were several orders, so the ages vary. The oldest carriages have
been in service just over 10 years, the youngest only four.
A rare example of a decent train - looks nice inside and out, comfortable and
with decent acceleration (when the drivers can be bothered). Naturally this
situration couldn't last so we now have the fugly, expensive and late 710s.
Why do you think that Aventras are expensive?
Lost revenue for TfL on the Goblin, having to pay to keep the diesels a
bit longer and modify some 378s to run on it. I know Bombardier coughed up
some cash but I bet it doesn't cover everything.
Recliner
So, you have no idea of what the trains cost?
b***@nowhere.co.uk
2019-12-09 16:32:26 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
with decent acceleration (when the drivers can be bothered). Naturally this
situration couldn't last so we now have the fugly, expensive and late 710s.
Why do you think that Aventras are expensive?
Lost revenue for TfL on the Goblin, having to pay to keep the diesels a
bit longer and modify some 378s to run on it. I know Bombardier coughed up
some cash but I bet it doesn't cover everything.
So, you have no idea of what the trains cost?
I was talking overall cost, but I can google the price per unit if that will
make you happy.
Recliner
2019-12-09 21:30:42 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
with decent acceleration (when the drivers can be bothered). Naturally this
situration couldn't last so we now have the fugly, expensive and late 710s.
Why do you think that Aventras are expensive?
Lost revenue for TfL on the Goblin, having to pay to keep the diesels a
bit longer and modify some 378s to run on it. I know Bombardier coughed up
some cash but I bet it doesn't cover everything.
So, you have no idea of what the trains cost?
I was talking overall cost, but I can google the price per unit if that will
make you happy.
Has it occurred to you that the late delivery of the 710s probably saved
TfL money? Think about it.
b***@nowhere.co.uk
2019-12-10 12:32:37 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Seems like the Overground 378s are having a refresh. New seat
moquettes
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
and
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Why do you think that Aventras are expensive?
Lost revenue for TfL on the Goblin, having to pay to keep the diesels a
bit longer and modify some 378s to run on it. I know Bombardier coughed up
some cash but I bet it doesn't cover everything.
So, you have no idea of what the trains cost?
I was talking overall cost, but I can google the price per unit if that will
make you happy.
Has it occurred to you that the late delivery of the 710s probably saved
TfL money? Think about it.
The Goblin electrification was finished before they showed up so if you're
thinking that not having them delivered on time didn't matter and getting
a refund from Bombadier was a nice bonus I'm not convinced especially given
they weren't just being built for the Goblin.
Recliner
Think harder...
b***@nowhere.co.uk
Whatever. When you've actually thought of something let me know.
Recliner
2019-12-10 13:43:19 UTC
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Seems like the Overground 378s are having a refresh. New seat
moquettes
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
and
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
slightly different external paint/vinyl job. Looks quite nice.
How old are they?
There were several orders, so the ages vary. The oldest carriages have
been in service just over 10 years, the youngest only four.
A rare example of a decent train - looks nice inside and out,
comfortable
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by Recliner
and
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
make you happy.
Has it occurred to you that the late delivery of the 710s probably saved
TfL money? Think about it.
The Goblin electrification was finished before they showed up so if you're
thinking that not having them delivered on time didn't matter and getting
a refund from Bombadier was a nice bonus I'm not convinced especially given
they weren't just being built for the Goblin.
Think harder...
Whatever. When you've actually thought of something let me know.
You really need to learn to think.

I'm not going to give you the answer on a plate, but I'll give you one
big hint: it would have been very embarrassing for TfL if the 710s had
turned up on time.
b***@nowhere.co.uk
Would it? Oh ok, whatever you say.
Recliner
2019-12-12 12:52:52 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@nowhere.co.uk
Whatever. When you've actually thought of something let me know.
You really need to learn to think.
I'm not going to give you the answer on a plate, but I'll give you one
big hint: it would have been very embarrassing for TfL if the 710s had
turned up on time.
Would it? Oh ok, whatever you say.
Well, you did pretty well on that complaint: you complained of three
things, one of which was actually true. 33% is a big improvement on
your normal strike rate.