City Road station
2020-10-27 13:32:19 UTC
I mentioned the demolition of the old station / fan shaft while Mr
Corfield was alive. This video explains the final fate of the station.

The Monochrome Set - 1979\02 - Peel
Recliner
2020-10-27 16:06:49 UTC
I mentioned the demolition of the old station / fan shaft while Mr
Corfield was alive. This video explains the final fate of the station.
http://youtu.be/wbJF_LQTAxQ
Quite informative, but he needs a gimbal if he's going to shoot videos
while walking.
b***@nowhere.co.uk
2020-10-27 16:38:34 UTC
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 13:32:19 +0000
Post by Basil Jet
I mentioned the demolition of the old station / fan shaft while Mr
Corfield was alive. This video explains the final fate of the station.
http://youtu.be/wbJF_LQTAxQ
That Bunhill energy centre sounds like a very good idea. Cool the tube and
provide heat to housing at the same time.
Recliner
2020-10-27 16:56:08 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
I mentioned the demolition of the old station / fan shaft while Mr
Corfield was alive. This video explains the final fate of the station.
http://youtu.be/wbJF_LQTAxQ
That Bunhill energy centre sounds like a very good idea. Cool the tube and
provide heat to housing at the same time.
Yes, and it might be the first of many such installations:
<https://londonist.com/london/transport/using-the-tube-to-warm-homes-islington-bunhill-energy>

As the project has so many benefits — reducing carbon emissions, cooling
the Underground network, generating income through electricity sales — TfL
has greenlit a feasibility study to see if it could be replicated
elsewhere. The study is looking at 56 sites: disused stations and
ventilation shafts across its network. Six key sites have been identified,
one of which is York Road Station (sorry to those who'd like to see it
reopened) between King's Cross and Caledonian Road.