RIP GOBLIN temporary timetable?
Ian Clifton
2019-05-23 14:56:49 UTC
The “Live departures & arrivals” pages on nationalrail.co.uk seem to be
showing trains every 15 mins each way on the GOBLIN. TfL still says
“reduced service”, as far as I can see. Is it really happening?
Ian ◎
David Walters
2019-05-23 15:15:25 UTC
Post by Ian Clifton
The “Live departures & arrivals” pages on nationalrail.co.uk seem to be
showing trains every 15 mins each way on the GOBLIN. TfL still says
“reduced service”, as far as I can see. Is it really happening?
Yes, the first Class 710 in passenger service left Gospel Oak at 11:36.

Pictures in several places including
https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019/in-pictures-overground-class-710s-enter-service/
b***@w0nimza6szij9djd.co.uk
2019-05-23 16:20:56 UTC
On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:15:25 +0100
Post by David Walters
The “Live departures & arrivals” pages on nationalrail.co.uk seem to be
showing trains every 15 mins each way on the GOBLIN. TfL still says
“reduced service”, as far as I can see. Is it really happening?
Yes, the first Class 710 in passenger service left Gospel Oak at 11:36.
Pictures in several places including
https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019/in-pictures-overground-class-710s-ente
r-service/
No doubt at some point once the memory of the issues have faded somewhat,
little squirt Khan will hail this as a great success and hope nobody asks
exactly how many tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been spent
getting these white elephants to work instead of just ordering some more off
the shelf 378s which could have been running years ago.
Recliner
2019-05-23 16:41:24 UTC
On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:20:56 +0000 (UTC),
Post by b***@w0nimza6szij9djd.co.uk
On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:15:25 +0100
Post by David Walters
The “Live departures & arrivalsâ€? pages on nationalrail.co.uk seem to be
showing trains every 15 mins each way on the GOBLIN. TfL still says
“reduced serviceâ€?, as far as I can see. Is it really happening?
Yes, the first Class 710 in passenger service left Gospel Oak at 11:36.
Pictures in several places including
https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019/in-pictures-overground-class-710s-ente
r-service/
No doubt at some point once the memory of the issues have faded somewhat,
little squirt Khan will hail this as a great success and hope nobody asks
exactly how many tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been spent
getting these white elephants to work instead of just ordering some more off
the shelf 378s which could have been running years ago.
The 378 EMUs must be more versatile than Bombardier ever claimed, to
be able to run on a non-electrified line. Or didn't you know that the
electrification was only completed a year ago?

And why do you assume that it's TfL's budget that is paying for
Bombardier's delays? Perhaps you could provide a reference for your
claim that, "tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been
spent getting these white elephants to work"?
Robin9
2019-05-24 00:53:44 UTC
I travelled on a 710 today from Leyton Midland Road to Gospel
Oak. I wasn't expecting it and I wasn't paying attention as the
train entered the station. It was only when I opened the doors
that I realised this was a different train from normal. (The doors
open differently)

The 710s are slightly better than the 378s. They run more quietly -
perhaps because they're new? - and the information screen is
better. Sadly, the seats conform to the current fashion and are
hard and unpleasant.

At Gospel Oak the train aroused some interest. Several people came
to look closely, particularly at the front

Presumably because it's LO orange, rather than yellow?
b***@wwj65tcnvt0lonmh9749.org
2019-05-24 09:45:00 UTC
On Fri, 24 May 2019 01:53:44 +0100
Post by Robin9
I travelled on a 710 today from Leyton Midland Road to Gospel
Oak. I wasn't expecting it and I wasn't paying attention as the
train entered the station. It was only when I opened the doors
that I realised this was a different train from normal. (The doors
open differently)
The 710s are slightly better than the 378s. They run more quietly -
perhaps because they're new? - and the information screen is
better. Sadly, the seats conform to the current fashion and are
hard and unpleasant.
At Gospel Oak the train aroused some interest. Several people came
to look closely, particularly at the front.
Did they quickly turn away and try and forget the horrible visage they saw?
Christ they're ugly, look like orange and white ducks.
b***@44dx779i7zsaxb9vh7c3g.ac.uk
2019-05-24 09:43:09 UTC
Post by David Walters
r-service/
No doubt at some point once the memory of the issues have faded somewhat,
little squirt Khan will hail this as a great success and hope nobody asks
exactly how many tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been spent
getting these white elephants to work instead of just ordering some more off
the shelf 378s which could have been running years ago.
The 378 EMUs must be more versatile than Bombardier ever claimed, to
be able to run on a non-electrified line. Or didn't you know that the
electrification was only completed a year ago?
Figure of speech. They could have been running as soon as the wires went live.
Post by Recliner
And why do you assume that it's TfL's budget that is paying for
Bombardier's delays? Perhaps you could provide a reference for your
claim that, "tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been
spent getting these white elephants to work"?
Cost of stabling, cost of driver training, cost of drivers doing nothing, loss
of income from the line, cost of training for technical staff, cost of 710
specific depot equipment. I'm sure there's more but thats what came to mind in
30 seconds.
Recliner
2019-05-24 09:54:53 UTC
Post by David Walters
r-service/
No doubt at some point once the memory of the issues have faded somewhat,
little squirt Khan will hail this as a great success and hope nobody asks
exactly how many tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been spent
getting these white elephants to work instead of just ordering some more off
the shelf 378s which could have been running years ago.
The 378 EMUs must be more versatile than Bombardier ever claimed, to
be able to run on a non-electrified line. Or didn't you know that the
electrification was only completed a year ago?
Figure of speech.
In other words, you were ignorant.
Post by Recliner
And why do you assume that it's TfL's budget that is paying for
Bombardier's delays? Perhaps you could provide a reference for your
claim that, "tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been
spent getting these white elephants to work"?
Cost of stabling, cost of driver training, cost of drivers doing nothing, loss
of income from the line, cost of training for technical staff, cost of 710
specific depot equipment. I'm sure there's more but thats what came to mind in
30 seconds.
Neil, yet again you demonstrate your ignorance of how the system works.
Please provide the cite I asked for.
b***@58b584q.com
2019-05-24 10:06:52 UTC
Post by Recliner
On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:20:56 +0000 (UTC),
Post by b***@w0nimza6szij9djd.co.uk
On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:15:25 +0100
On Thu, 23 May 2019 15:56:49 +0100, Ian Clifton
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@w0nimza6szij9djd.co.uk
Yes, the first Class 710 in passenger service left Gospel Oak at 11:36.
Pictures in several places including
https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019/in-pictures-overground-class-710s-en
Post by b***@44dx779i7zsaxb9vh7c3g.ac.uk
te
Post by Recliner
And why do you assume that it's TfL's budget that is paying for
Bombardier's delays? Perhaps you could provide a reference for your
claim that, "tens of millions extra from the TfL budget have been
spent getting these white elephants to work"?
Cost of stabling, cost of driver training, cost of drivers doing nothing,
loss
Post by b***@44dx779i7zsaxb9vh7c3g.ac.uk
of income from the line, cost of training for technical staff, cost of 710
specific depot equipment. I'm sure there's more but thats what came to mind
in
Post by b***@44dx779i7zsaxb9vh7c3g.ac.uk
30 seconds.
Neil, yet again you demonstrate your ignorance of how the system works.
Please provide the cite I asked for.
Oh look, any minute Billy is going to claim the above didn't cost anything
and was all factored in , honest.
Recliner
2019-05-24 10:18:32 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by b***@w0nimza6szij9djd.co.uk
Yes, the first Class 710 in passenger service left Gospel Oak at 11:36.
Pictures in several places including
https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019/in-pictures-overground-class-710s-en
Post by b***@44dx779i7zsaxb9vh7c3g.ac.uk
te
Post by Recliner
[...]
Of course both NR and Bombardier screwed up, big-time, on this project. But
you don't seem to have a clue about even basic things, such as who
maintains the LO fleet, and who will be paying compensation.
b***@10on4h32.edu
2019-05-24 10:35:32 UTC
Post by b***@58b584q.com
Post by Ian Clifton
Post by b***@44dx779i7zsaxb9vh7c3g.ac.uk
te
Post by Recliner
[...]
Unless bombadier are maintaining the fleet in perpituity out of their own
pocket then it'll ultimately come out of TfLs budget.