New tube map, new London Connections, no timetables
2016-12-12 19:20:59 UTC
I don't have an old tube map to hand, but I think the new one has moved
lines around in the Hackney "Spaghetti Bowl", making it clearer and less
geographically misleading.

Finchley Road and West Hampstead are so close together they look like a
single complex.

When and why did Southwark lose its Arrow Of Indecision with "Waterloo
East" written next to it??

The "London Connections" is green. Obviously the Chiltern service to
Oxford is shown. Greenford is shown as a self-contained shuttle to West
Ealing, even though most of the trains are still running through to
Paddington. London Bridge's relationship with Charing Cross and Cannon
Street has changed.

The London Midland and Southern lines now cross each other just north of
Willesden Junction... Why? Copyright protection, perhaps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_street

The Tfl Rail practice of not printing any timetables has spread to the
London Overground. Since the Cheshunt Branch is never much more than
half-hourly, this is disappointing. The Metropolitan Amersham printed
timetable is probably no more as well.
Matthew Dickinson
2016-12-13 09:08:48 UTC
I don't have an old tube map to hand, but I think the new one has moved
lines around in the Hackney "Spaghetti Bowl", making it clearer and less
geographically misleading.
Finchley Road and West Hampstead are so close together they look like a
single complex.
When and why did Southwark lose its Arrow Of Indecision with "Waterloo
East" written next to it??
The "London Connections" is green. Obviously the Chiltern service to
Oxford is shown. Greenford is shown as a self-contained shuttle to West
Ealing, even though most of the trains are still running through to
Paddington. London Bridge's relationship with Charing Cross and Cannon
Street has changed.
All Greenford services except for one per day are cut back to West Ealing from the New Year.

On a related note, platform 13 at Paddington has now closed for reconstruction as an extension to platform 12.
Neil Williams
2016-12-13 16:09:26 UTC
Post by Matthew Dickinson
On a related note, platform 13 at Paddington has now closed for
reconstruction as an extension to platform 12.
Will they be filling it all in to make the walkway to 14 a bit less
narrow? I hope so.

Neil
--
Neil Williams
Matthew Dickinson
It looks like it. The new platform will parallel the curve of platform 11.
h***@yahoo.co.uk
2016-12-14 15:30:34 UTC
Post by Matthew Dickinson
Post by Basil Jet
I don't have an old tube map to hand, but I think the new one has moved
lines around in the Hackney "Spaghetti Bowl", making it clearer and less
geographically misleading.
Finchley Road and West Hampstead are so close together they look like a
single complex.
When and why did Southwark lose its Arrow Of Indecision with "Waterloo
East" written next to it??
The "London Connections" is green. Obviously the Chiltern service to
Oxford is shown. Greenford is shown as a self-contained shuttle to West
Ealing, even though most of the trains are still running through to
Paddington. London Bridge's relationship with Charing Cross and Cannon
Street has changed.
All Greenford services except for one per day are cut back to West Ealing from the New Year.
Does that make Greenford to Paddington a parly, in that case?
Or is that only a temporary move?
Matthew Dickinson
2016-12-14 17:16:12 UTC
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Matthew Dickinson
Post by Basil Jet
I don't have an old tube map to hand, but I think the new one has moved
lines around in the Hackney "Spaghetti Bowl", making it clearer and less
geographically misleading.
Finchley Road and West Hampstead are so close together they look like a
single complex.
When and why did Southwark lose its Arrow Of Indecision with "Waterloo
East" written next to it??
The "London Connections" is green. Obviously the Chiltern service to
Oxford is shown. Greenford is shown as a self-contained shuttle to West
Ealing, even though most of the trains are still running through to
Paddington. London Bridge's relationship with Charing Cross and Cannon
Street has changed.
All Greenford services except for one per day are cut back to West Ealing from the New Year.
Does that make Greenford to Paddington a parly, in that case?
Only over the connecting track at West Ealing.
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Matthew Dickinson
On a related note, platform 13 at Paddington has now closed for reconstruction as an extension to platform 12.
Or is that only a temporary move?
No, it's permanent. Initally for extra electric trains to Hayes and Harlington, then to Maidenhead, then to release paths for Crossrail.