Paddington Crossrail
2017-10-31 04:45:28 UTC
A square area beneath the clock on platform 1 which I think was closed
off for a long time is now open. It will lead to Crossrail, but not yet
(obviously).
Anna Noyd-Dryver
2017-10-31 07:24:34 UTC
A square area beneath the clock on platform 1 which I think was closed
off for a long time is now open. It will lead to Crossrail, but not yet
(obviously).
It used to be the main pedestrian route to the taxi rank. Since that moved,
it's been an alcove, with the rear section sometimes taken up by a storage
compound for the crossrail station worksite outside.

More significantly, all the temporary buildings were removed from the
crossrail station worksite a few months ago, presumably meaning that the
space is finally needed to surface-level works :)