Diesel loco in Crossrail construction
2016-12-14 07:05:52 UTC

I'm amazed it isn't battery or fuel cell or something. The Crossrail
tunnels are not designed to allow fumes to vent!
Recliner
2016-12-14 08:20:13 UTC
http://youtu.be/dtNCQmWO0-8
I'm amazed it isn't battery or fuel cell or something. The Crossrail
tunnels are not designed to allow fumes to vent!
True, but I guess there's enough ventilation for a very small number of
tiny diesels, which are presumably fitted with relatively clean engines.
s***@potato.field
2016-12-14 09:35:03 UTC
On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 07:05:52 +0000
Post by Basil Jet
http://youtu.be/dtNCQmWO0-8
I'm amazed it isn't battery or fuel cell or something. The Crossrail
tunnels are not designed to allow fumes to vent!
I would hope there's actually quite a number of ventilation shafts and fans in
the tunnels or its going to get bloody hot in summer!
Spud
Recliner
2016-12-14 10:02:57 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
http://youtu.be/dtNCQmWO0-8
I'm amazed it isn't battery or fuel cell or something. The Crossrail
tunnels are not designed to allow fumes to vent!
I would hope there's actually quite a number of ventilation shafts and fans in
the tunnels or its going to get bloody hot in summer!
Yes, there are. Ensuring adequate ventilation was a big part of the design.