436 Dance of Death
2017-08-26 05:29:24 UTC
Yesterday I was going south on the 436. We went from Vauxhall Bridge into the bus station, past the 436 bus stop, then all the way around the station without stopping, so that at one point we were facing north, then back to the 436 bus stop.

Did the driver simply miss the stop and go around, or is that normal?
Basil Jet
2017-08-26 10:22:34 UTC
He was telling the other buses where the best supply of nectar is.
s***@googlemail.com
2017-08-27 18:51:57 UTC
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Offramp
2017-08-27 19:17:49 UTC
No. It wasn't busy. There weren't many buses around. Perhaps he just forgot the stop.
Tony Dragon
2017-08-27 19:24:15 UTC
Post by s***@googlemail.com
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Also at Kingston Hospital.

---
Someone Somewhere
2017-08-29 08:16:33 UTC
Post by s***@googlemail.com
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Is there a general policy on this? ie if a bus stop / stand is full are
buses meant to find somewhere else to park (or do a loop in motion) or
is it ok to queue whilst parking illegally?
Roland Perry
2017-08-29 08:37:10 UTC
Post by Someone Somewhere
Post by s***@googlemail.com
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Is there a general policy on this? ie if a bus stop / stand is full
are buses meant to find somewhere else to park (or do a loop in motion)
or is it ok to queue whilst parking illegally?
It's OK as long as there isn't a "No stopping" restriction. Bearing in
mind that there is also such a thing as "No Stopping - Except Buses".

Depending on the road layout it might sometimes be "obstruction", but
buses don't usually worry about minor things like that.
2017-08-29 21:04:41 UTC
Post by Someone Somewhere
Post by s***@googlemail.com
Was the stop occupied by other bus(es), so (s) he didn't have room to stop there and so had to go round? That happens at Redhill sometimes.
Is there a general policy on this? ie if a bus stop / stand is full
are buses meant to find somewhere else to park (or do a loop in
motion) or is it ok to queue whilst parking illegally?
It's OK as long as there isn't a "No stopping" restriction. Bearing in
mind that there is also such a thing as "No Stopping - Except Buses".
And, as if by magic, I saw a couple of roads today which were signed
(and red-lined) as "Red Route - No stopping except buses".