Victoria line signals
s***@potato.field
2017-05-15 09:24:46 UTC
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?
Spud
Paul Corfield
2017-05-22 11:35:29 UTC
Post by s***@potato.field
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?
--
Spud
I think all platforms have retained station starter signals as well as the old style repeaters. I think the starter signals are in case the drivers need to drive the train in degraded mode whereas the repeaters are to aid platform dispatch.
--
Paul C
via Google
s***@potato.field
2017-05-22 13:22:12 UTC
On Mon, 22 May 2017 04:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by s***@potato.field
I noticed that green park southbound has a standard signal at the end of the
platform. Its obviously not needed by the driver so why is it still there?
Is it just to aid the platform staff?
--
Spud
I think all platforms have retained station starter signals as well as the old
style repeaters. I think the starter signals are in case the drivers need to
Tbh it actually looks like a new LED style light. Curiously the driver started
closing the doors before the signal had actually gone green so I'm presuming
the computer in his cab gets the green light (pun intended) slightly before the
trackside signalling system.

Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?
Spud
Richard
2017-05-31 19:51:15 UTC
Post by s***@potato.field
Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?
On other systems I've read about, green means clear to the next colour
light signal whereas white/blue means that you can start under ATP,
either ATO or manual, but the line isn't clear all the way to the
next. Perhaps those signals are 3-aspect? Does anyone have a good
reference for the Victoria signalling?

Richard.
h***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-06-01 00:15:34 UTC
Post by Richard
Post by s***@potato.field
Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?
On other systems I've read about, green means clear to the next colour
light signal whereas white/blue means that you can start under ATP,
either ATO or manual, but the line isn't clear all the way to the
next. Perhaps those signals are 3-aspect? Does anyone have a good
reference for the Victoria signalling?
Richard.
Green - All trains clear

Blue - Trains under code clear

Red - Stop and stay
s***@potato.field
2017-06-01 08:22:38 UTC
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 01:15:34 +0100
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Richard
Post by s***@potato.field
Other ATO lines on the tube have a blue or white light for proceed in ATO
mode but the victoria line seems to have retained plain old red/green. Any
know if there's a particular reason for this?
On other systems I've read about, green means clear to the next colour
light signal whereas white/blue means that you can start under ATP,
either ATO or manual, but the line isn't clear all the way to the
next. Perhaps those signals are 3-aspect? Does anyone have a good
reference for the Victoria signalling?
Richard.
Green - All trains clear
Blue - Trains under code clear
Red - Stop and stay
All I can say is I've never seen a blue aspect on the victoria line. What
signals remain seem to go straight from red to green in my experience.
However perhaps thats just station starters and the blue signals are in the
tunnels?
--
Spud