Willesden Junction To Finsbury Park
2017-07-12 09:05:00 UTC
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab vie
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent uploa
is especially interesting

I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECML t
run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but this vide
shows there is another way

h***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-07-12 17:12:05 UTC
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.
Agreed.

I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.
Offramp
I like cricket and there is a lot of very good old cricket footage.
tim...
2017-07-12 23:12:25 UTC
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.
Agreed.
I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.
I like cricket and there is a lot of very good old cricket footage.
there's also a lot of classic UK tv there
#
2017-07-13 06:34:20 UTC
there's also a lot of classic UK tv there
Agreed. Especially those not-quite-so-funny TV series of the 1970s that may never be released to DVD, like John Inman in Odd Man Out, Mollie Sugden in Come Back Mrs Noah, Queenie's Castle, Not On Your Nellie, The Squirrels (1975-7) and many others.
Basil Jet
2017-07-12 18:47:44 UTC
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.
Couldn't you say that about music, poetry, architecture, dancing,
literature... conversation, even.
h***@yahoo.co.uk
Sure.
Clank
2017-07-13 05:18:14 UTC
Post by h***@yahoo.co.uk
I generally find that much YouTube content is mainly just junk, though
there are some interesting things now and again.
Couldn't you say that about music, poetry, architecture, dancing,
literature... conversation, even.
Indeed; Sturgeon's Revelation applies: 90% of *everything* is crap, so "90%
of (YouTube, science fiction, movies, modern art, whatever) is crap" is
uninformative and does nothing to help us judge the merit or otherwise of
the genre in question.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon%27s_law
h***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-07-13 14:07:28 UTC
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching cab view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recent upload
is especially interesting.

I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECML to
run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but this video
shows there is another way.
Yes, indeed, via the Copenhagen Junction.

Do freight trains that need to traverse the NLL to reach the ECML from
UP WCML as a rule travel via the Harringay West Curve?
r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
2017-07-13 14:38:51 UTC
http://youtu.be/6GY7BbHkkTQ
I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECML to
run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but this video
shows there is another way.
Yes, indeed, via the Copenhagen Junction.
Do freight trains that need to traverse the NLL to reach the ECML
from UP WCML as a rule travel via the Harringay West Curve?
The North London incline is the preferred route, surely? The main advantage
of the Harringay curve is direct access to Ferme Park sidings.
2017-07-13 16:42:49 UTC
-
On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:-
I have only two uses for You Tube and one of them is watching ca
view
videos of train journeys. I find these fascinating and a recen
upload
is especially interesting.
http://youtu.be/6GY7BbHkkTQ
I would expect a train movement from Willesden Junction to the ECM
run via Gospel Oak, GOBLIN and the Harringay West Curve, but thi
video
shows there is another way.
-
Yes, indeed, via the Copenhagen Junction.
Do freight trains that need to traverse the NLL to reach the ECML
from UP WCML as a rule travel via the Harringay West Curve?-
The North London incline is the preferred route, surely? The mai
advantage
of the Harringay curve is direct access to Ferme Park sidings.
As part of GOBLIN electrification, the masts are in place on
the Harringay curve. From Gospel Oak, the route via Harringay
West is more direct

2017-07-13 21:37:58 UTC
Post by Robin9
-
On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:-
[...]
Little if any freight is electric-hauled anyway so directness is clearly
only one consideration as to whether a route is used. What's the ruling
gradient on the Harringay curve route?
2017-07-14 08:16:27 UTC
-
-
On 12.07.17 10:05, Robin9 wrote:-
[...]
I don't know the gradient specs. I have seen freight trains use
that chord so it is used at least sometimes. On the other hand, the
rails on the North London Incline are so clean and bright that it
is obviously used more than occasionally.

It's possible of course that both routes are used depending on
train paths and conflicting movements etc