Crossrail / Elizabeth line
Sammy Skycrafts
2017-05-29 19:02:15 UTC
Does anyone know when the crossrail trains will be in service on TFL Rail?

Thanks
Recliner
2017-05-29 20:23:23 UTC
It's supposed to be in May, so they don't have much time left…
Paul Corfield
2017-05-30 11:15:01 UTC
Post by Sammy Skycrafts
Does anyone know when the crossrail trains will be in service on TFL Rail?
Thanks
Possibly some time this week but depends on the Mayor's availability and how they decide the handle the launch given "purdah" related to the General Election. Recent events elsewhere and the election campaign have somewhat affected how the "launch" can be handled with the appropriate impact. I would not be shocked if the trains came into service quietly with minimal fanfare and then there is something more "high profile" once the election is over and done with.

It's not exactly going to affect the project programme or milestone achievement if some "fanfare" has to be delayed slightly because of external issues. We know some trains are running around and are ready to be used within the May deadline. I know people are excited to have a "first ride" but we've got them for another 40 years so riding the 315s before they vanish is probably more pressing in terms of railway history. ;-)
--
Paul C
via Google
Roland Perry
2017-05-30 11:28:21 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Sammy Skycrafts
Does anyone know when the crossrail trains will be in service on TFL Rail?
Thanks
Possibly some time this week but depends on the Mayor's availability
and how they decide the handle the launch given "purdah" related to the
General Election. Recent events elsewhere and the election campaign
have somewhat affected how the "launch" can be handled with the
appropriate impact. I would not be shocked if the trains came into
service quietly with minimal fanfare and then there is something more
"high profile" once the election is over and done with.
The new Thameslink trains came in with a soft-launch.
Post by Paul Corfield
It's not exactly going to affect the project programme or milestone
achievement if some "fanfare" has to be delayed slightly because of
external issues.
Although it does increase public confidence that some aspects of the
delivery schedule are "on time".
r***@cix.co.uk
2017-05-30 16:57:49 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Sammy Skycrafts
Does anyone know when the crossrail trains will be in service on TFL Rail?
Thanks
Possibly some time this week but depends on the Mayor's availability
and how they decide the handle the launch given "purdah" related to
the General Election. Recent events elsewhere and the election
campaign have somewhat affected how the "launch" can be handled with
the appropriate impact. I would not be shocked if the trains came
into service quietly with minimal fanfare and then there is something
more "high profile" once the election is over and done with.
Sounds like the Cambridge North station opening on May 21st. No formalities
because of purdah. Expect a formal opening after June 8th.
Post by Paul Corfield
It's not exactly going to affect the project programme or milestone
achievement if some "fanfare" has to be delayed slightly because of
external issues. We know some trains are running around and are ready
to be used within the May deadline. I know people are excited to have
a "first ride" but we've got them for another 40 years so riding the
315s before they vanish is probably more pressing in terms of railway
history. ;-)
If they are to be used within the deadline they only have today and tomorrow
left.
2017-05-30 19:16:57 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Paul Corfield
Possibly some time this week but depends on the Mayor's availability
and how they decide the handle the launch given "purdah" related to
the General Election. Recent events elsewhere and the election
campaign have somewhat affected how the "launch" can be handled with
the appropriate impact. I would not be shocked if the trains came
into service quietly with minimal fanfare and then there is something
more "high profile" once the election is over and done with.
Sounds like the Cambridge North station opening on May 21st. No formalities
because of purdah.
No formalities? As well as the usual suspects queuing up to be seen, a
chap from GA was handing out buns.
r***@cix.co.uk
2017-05-30 20:44:01 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Expect a formal opening after June 8th.
But for purdah a transport minister would have been there. They are few
other uses for transport ministers, after all.
2017-05-30 16:33:05 UTC
Post by Sammy Skycrafts
Does anyone know when the crossrail trains will be in service on TFL Rail?
Thanks
Seems I was correct - delayed until June although I got the reason wrong.

http://londonist.com/london/transport/crossrail-trains-launch-has-been-delayed?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
--
Paul C
via Google