Old Oyster card
d***@gmail.com
2016-12-30 22:59:20 UTC
I still have an Oyster card i bought in 2010 is it still good?
John Levine
2016-12-30 23:06:32 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I still have an Oyster card i bought in 2010 is it still good?
It should be. Try topping it up and see what happens. If you've
registered it, you can check the balance on the TfL web site.
d***@gmail.com
2016-12-30 23:59:03 UTC
It has a 0 balance
r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
2016-12-31 00:15:16 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John Levine
Post by d***@gmail.com
I still have an Oyster card i bought in 2010 is it still good?
It should be. Try topping it up and see what happens. If you've
registered it, you can check the balance on the TfL web site.
It has a 0 balance
So it has a value equal to the deposit originally paid. I think the was £3
in those days.
2016-12-31 13:05:58 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John Levine
Post by d***@gmail.com
I still have an Oyster card i bought in 2010 is it still good?
It should be. Try topping it up and see what happens. If you've
registered it, you can check the balance on the TfL web site.
It has a 0 balance
That's OK

the card itself is valid indefinitely (that's until they implement cards
with the next generation chips and depreciate all the old cards, but that's
years away)

It is only the balance that is, theoretically unusable. The T&Cs say after
2 years of non use, but anecdotal evidence shows that it is longer than
that.

2016-12-31 00:09:47 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I still have an Oyster card i bought in 2010 is it still good?
I've got Oyster cards older than that including my main one.