Richmond or Stratford?
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2017-06-05 20:03:39 UTC
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...
Recliner
2017-06-05 20:20:03 UTC
I assume it's going to Richmond if you boarded from platform 1.
Optimist
You might end up in Yorkshire or Warwickshire.
tim...
2017-06-06 08:01:26 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at every
station that the next station was Petts Wood.

tim
r***@cix.co.uk
2017-06-06 10:27:06 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
Right now I'm on an Overground train that says Stratford on the front
and Richmond on the side of the carriages. I boarded from platform 1
at Gospel Oak. This is exciting...
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.
There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever. I see
the 387s say they are the "<pregnant pause> service to" wherever.
2017-06-06 11:05:45 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by tim...
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.
There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.
Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".

I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.
r***@cix.co.uk
2017-06-06 12:24:27 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by tim...
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.
There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.
Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".
I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.
But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?
2017-06-06 13:18:52 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by tim...
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced at
every station that the next station was Petts Wood.
There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.
Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".
I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.
But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?
No. Does that matter?
r***@cix.co.uk
2017-06-06 14:09:36 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by tim...
I was recently on a Thameslink train to Blackfriars that announced
at every station that the next station was Petts Wood.
There are still Great Northern Class 365 units which even since the
refurbishment announce that they are the "WAGN service to" wherever.
Enunciated in full, iirc "West Anglia Great Northern".
Indeed.
Post by Roland Perry
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.
But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?
No. Does that matter?
The position as I understood it was that 365s are no longer going to King's
Lynn. Since there are no hourly trains to Ely I am not surprised that they
are going there.
2017-06-07 07:20:51 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Roland Perry
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
I other news, 365's still operating north of Cambridge - I saw one at
Ely yesterday.
But was it going beyond Ely to King's Lynn?
No. Does that matter?
The position as I understood it was that 365s are no longer going to King's
Lynn. Since there are no
now?
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
hourly trains to Ely I am not surprised that they are going there.
Looking at the timetable it appears that the Ely starters at xx:58 don't
join at Cambridge (at xy:15), so no 365 units needing to stable there
for a while.

Whereas the Kings Lynn trains arrive Cambridge at xx:41 and spend six
minutes coupling to the spare half of the xx:30 arrival from Kings Cross
(before departing south at xx:47.

While there's a certain diagramming elegance to this, it means that Ely
passengers don't get 2tph "new trains" as promised.
2017-06-07 08:18:25 UTC
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
Post by Roland Perry
Post by r***@cix.co.uk
hourly trains to Ely I am not surprised that they are going there.
Looking at the timetable it appears that the Ely starters at xx:58 don't
join at Cambridge (at xy:15), so no 365 units needing to stable there
for a while.
Whereas the Kings Lynn trains arrive Cambridge at xx:41 and spend six
minutes coupling to the spare half of the xx:30 arrival from Kings Cross
(before departing south at xx:47.
While there's a certain diagramming elegance to this, it means that Ely
passengers don't get 2tph "new trains" as promised.
Misters Rosenstiel and Perry, do you even know what group you are in? I
know a bit of off-topic stuff is inevitable and even welcome, but you
two are repeat offenders.
Roland Perry
2017-06-07 10:24:31 UTC
Looking at the timetable it appears that the Ely starters at xx:58
don't join at Cambridge (at xy:15), so no 365 units needing to stable
there for a while.
Whereas the Kings Lynn trains arrive Cambridge at xx:41 and spend
six minutes coupling to the spare half of the xx:30 arrival from
Kings Cross (before departing south at xx:47.
While there's a certain diagramming elegance to this, it means that
Ely passengers don't get 2tph "new trains" as promised.
Misters Rosenstiel and Perry, do you even know what group you are in? I
know a bit of off-topic stuff is inevitable and even welcome, but you
two are repeat offenders.
Like it or not, at the very least Cambridge North on what will soon
become Thameslink is a London train service.