Johnston Journeys at the museum depot
David Cantrell
2017-08-14 09:58:02 UTC
On Saturday I went on the Johnston Journeys tour at the museum depot. I
strongly recommend it, and tickets are still available:
https://ticketfeed.ltmuseum.co.uk/en-GB/shows/johnston%20journeys%20tour/events

I put some photos on the intertubes:
https://www.facebook.com/david.cantrell/posts/10155576327534501
--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

EINE KIRCHE! EIN KREDO! EIN PAPST!
Basil Jet
2017-08-14 10:05:34 UTC
Thanks, interesting!
Basil Jet
Forgot to say, very surprised by the serif version!
David Cantrell
2017-08-17 11:04:21 UTC
Post by David Cantrell
https://www.facebook.com/david.cantrell/posts/10155576327534501
Forgot to say, very surprised by the serif version!
There are examples of it at Sudbury Town station.

I was also surprised by the square dots, not diamonds, in the colon and
in the semicolon (which exists on proof sheets but I don't remember ever
seeing on real signs). There's even an example with *round* dots on a
hand-painted bus destination board. On TfL's website the colon has
diamond dots:
https://tfl.gov.uk/tube/stop/940GZZLUSUT/sudbury-town-underground-station?lineId=piccadilly

Presumably this change was made in Johnston New and not reverted in
Johnston 100. Good, I think I prefer it being more consistent with the
tittles in i and j.

But I have noticed that the diamonds in what I assume are Johnston 100
on the website aren't just rotated squares, they have concave edges. I
think they're ugly. You'll see this if you blow up the text "Live
arrivals at ..." on the page linked above.
--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

Sobol's Law of Telecom Utilities:
Telcos are malicious; cablecos are simply clueless.
Offramp
2017-08-18 13:44:46 UTC
They call them the Diamond Dots...