Elizabeth line curiosity
2018-07-10 21:14:00 UTC
Geoff's latest video shows the signs over the platform screen doors at TCR.

There is a wheelchair symbol at Paddington but not at Bond Street. I
wonder why?
--
Basil Jet - listening to (Mi-Mz)... Michael Chapman. Michael Karoli.
Michael Nyman. Michael Rother. Mick Karn. Mick Ronson. Mickey Hart.
Valentine. My Brightest Diamond
Recliner
2018-07-10 21:37:45 UTC
Geoff's latest video shows the signs over the platform screen doors at TCR.
http://youtu.be/lKC-QBxbdj4
There is a wheelchair symbol at Paddington but not at Bond Street. I
wonder why?
Could it be that the symbol is only on the PEDs that align with wheelchair
spaces on the trains?
Richard J.
2018-07-10 22:57:43 UTC
Geoff's latest video shows the signs over the platform screen doors at TCR.
http://youtu.be/lKC-QBxbdj4
There is a wheelchair symbol at Paddington but not at Bond Street. I
wonder why?
Yes, that is odd. But what does the wheelchair symbol mean?

If it means you can exit (to the street) on a wheelchair, surely that's the case for all Elizabeth line stations, certainly those in central London? If it means that you can also change to other lines there, how do they expect you to transfer to the westbound District at Paddington? I'm not aware of any lift being constructed there.

That display also includes "Welcome to the Elizabeth Line" (upper-case L!)
--
Richard J.
2018-07-11 00:00:13 UTC
Post by Richard J.
Post by Basil Jet
Geoff's latest video shows the signs over the platform screen doors at TCR.
http://youtu.be/lKC-QBxbdj4
There is a wheelchair symbol at Paddington but not at Bond Street. I
wonder why?
Yes, that is odd. But what does the wheelchair symbol mean?
It probably means that it's a door that leads to awheelchair space on the
long train.
Post by Richard J.
If it means you can exit (to the street) on a wheelchair, surely that's
the case for all Elizabeth line stations, certainly those in central London?
It's on a PED to the train. It says nothing about exit to the street.
Post by Richard J.
If it means that you can also change to other lines there, how do they
expect you to transfer to the westbound District at Paddington? I'm not
aware of any lift being constructed there.
That's not what ir means.
Isn't that the current name of the network?
Richard J.
2018-07-11 07:13:02 UTC
Post by Richard J.
If it means that you can also change to other lines there, how do they
expect you to transfer to the westbound District at Paddington? I'm not
aware of any lift being constructed there.
That's not what ir means.
Maybe, but you haven't offered any explanation as to why the symbol is against Paddington but not Bond Street.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
That display also includes "Welcome to the Elizabeth Line" (upper-case L!)
Isn't that the current name of the network?
My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.
--
Richard J.
2018-07-11 08:22:55 UTC
Post by Richard J.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
If it means that you can also change to other lines there, how do they
expect you to transfer to the westbound District at Paddington? I'm not
aware of any lift being constructed there.
That's not what ir means.
Maybe, but you haven't offered any explanation as to why the symbol is
against Paddington but not Bond Street.
Yes I have: read my post.
Post by Richard J.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
That display also includes "Welcome to the Elizabeth Line" (upper-case L!)
Isn't that the current name of the network?
My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.
No it doesn't. The Elizabeth Line is the name of a network, just like
London Overground.
Graeme Wall
2018-07-11 08:51:59 UTC
Post by Richard J.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
That display also includes "Welcome to the Elizabeth Line" (upper-case L!)
Isn't that the current name of the network?
My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.
No it doesn't. The Elizabeth Line is the name of a network, just like
London Overground.
How is the Elizabeth line a network and, say, the Northern line isn't?
Crossrail will be a network if they ever get round to building Crossrail
2, using Overground as a precedent. Incidentally TfL don't refer to the
Overground Line.
2018-07-11 09:15:14 UTC
Post by Richard J.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
That display also includes "Welcome to the Elizabeth Line" (upper-case L!)
Isn't that the current name of the network?
My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.
No it doesn't. The Elizabeth Line is the name of a network, just like
London Overground.
How is the Elizabeth line a network and, say, the Northern line isn't?
Crossrail will be a network if they ever get round to building Crossrail
2, using Overground as a precedent. Incidentally TfL don't refer to the
Overground Line.
We've had this discussion before, more than once. TfL treats
Crossrail/Elizabeth Line/TfL Rail as a network in its own right, alongside
the Underground, London Overground, DLR and London Buses. It's not part of
any of the other networks, and like them has its own roundel; the Northern
line does not. Obviously TfL doesn't refer to the London Overground as the
'Overground Line' as that isn't its name.

You will soon see the Elizabeth Line roundel on the totem pole outside
Stratford station, along with the Underground, DLR and Overground roundels
(and BR arrows). You won't see Jubilee or Central line roundels on the
totem pole.
Robin
2018-07-11 09:00:43 UTC
Post by Richard J.
My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.
No it doesn't. The Elizabeth Line is the name of a network, just like
London Overground.
I've not visited any of the new stations but ISTM TfL do generally use
"Elizabeth line". That's what's in their style guide

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/suppliers-and-contractors/digital-design-toolkit/editorial-style-guide

I thought TfL Rail was the equivalent of London Overground but long ago
gave up hope of escaping TfL's nomenclature maze.
2018-07-11 09:15:14 UTC
Post by Robin
Post by Recliner
Post by Richard J.
My point was that the upper-case L conflicts with TfL's usual house style.
No it doesn't. The Elizabeth Line is the name of a network, just like
London Overground.
I've not visited any of the new stations but ISTM TfL do generally use
"Elizabeth line". That's what's in their style guide
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/suppliers-and-contractors/digital-design-toolkit/editorial-style-guide
I thought TfL Rail was the equivalent of London Overground but long ago
gave up hope of escaping TfL's nomenclature maze.
Yes, TfL Rail/Crossrail/Elizabeth Line is the equivalent of the London
Overground, London Underground, London Buses and DLR.