Bakerloo line extension again?
martin
2017-12-11 14:13:06 UTC
I went down to Sainsurys at New Cross Gate a few days
ago to find a big exhibition in the entrance claiming that
a) the bakerloo line extension was real and going to happen,
b) that TFL wanted to build a new station in the middle of
Sainsburys car park (which used to be the up goods yard)
instead of on the vacant strip of land on the down side.
c) so Sainsburys had come up with a plan to build housing on
the car park, including social housing of course for their
(very poorly paid) staff and the man running the show there
said if TFL go ahead then they will pull the supermarket out of
the site.....
The car park is rarely anything near full by the way.
I know the Bakerloo extension has been talked about for years
anyone have any news or comment
Martin
David Walters
2017-12-11 17:29:05 UTC
Post by martin
I went down to Sainsurys at New Cross Gate a few days
ago to find a big exhibition in the entrance claiming that
a) the bakerloo line extension was real and going to happen,
TfL have a proposal
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/how-we-work/planning-for-the-future/bakerloo-line-extension
and ran a round of consultation earlier this year
https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/tube/bakerloo-extension/
Post by martin
b) that TFL wanted to build a new station in the middle of
Sainsburys car park (which used to be the up goods yard)
instead of on the vacant strip of land on the down side.
The proposed work site looks a lot bigger than the vacant land on the
other side of the tracks.