Unusual?
2017-04-07 21:00:45 UTC
I wondered how unusual my journey on LU today was? It was a completely
genuine journey, not in any way contrived, and which I've done from time to
time in the past.

It involved five LU lines, with all four changes being cross-platform. It
would have been possible to use fewer lines, but the journey would have
been longer, and with less convenient interchanges. As on the previous
times I've taken this route, all went very smoothly, with no delays or
problems, and with no interchange requiring a wait longer than two minutes
for the next train.

As an aside, it used both LU's oldest and newest stock.
Offramp
I'll bet Euston and Finsbury Park were involved. But probably not Mile End.
Recliner
No, none of those.
Offramp
I am not sure about the stocks, but I now think you ay have started on the Met, changed at Wembley Park for the Jube, then at Baker Street got on the Bakerloo. At some point I think you got on the District Line but I cannot think where that might have been, if not Mile End.
Recliner
2017-04-08 11:32:24 UTC
On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 04:27:38 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
[...]
No, I didn't use the District line at all (I'm counting the Met's S
stock as the newest stock). Other than that, you're not too far off,
but I was travelling south to north (so I finished on the Met,
changing to it at Finchley Road).
Basil Jet
2017-04-08 13:33:12 UTC
I wondered how unusual my journey on LU today was? It was a completely
genuine journey, not in any way contrived, and which I've done from time to
time in the past.
It involved five LU lines, with all four changes being cross-platform. It
would have been possible to use fewer lines, but the journey would have
been longer, and with less convenient interchanges. As on the previous
times I've taken this route, all went very smoothly, with no delays or
problems, and with no interchange requiring a wait longer than two minutes
for the next train.
As an aside, it used both LU's oldest and newest stock.
Clapham North - N - Stockwell - V (oldest) - Oggy Circus - B - Baker
Street - J - Finchley Road - M (newest? Aren't the S7s newer than the
S8s?) - Preston Road
Recliner
2017-04-08 13:39:47 UTC
I wondered how unusual my journey on LU today was? It was a completely
genuine journey, not in any way contrived, and which I've done from time to
time in the past.
It involved five LU lines, with all four changes being cross-platform. It
would have been possible to use fewer lines, but the journey would have
been longer, and with less convenient interchanges. As on the previous
times I've taken this route, all went very smoothly, with no delays or
problems, and with no interchange requiring a wait longer than two minutes
for the next train.
As an aside, it used both LU's oldest and newest stock.
Clapham North - N - Stockwell - V (oldest) - Oggy Circus - B - Baker
Street - J - Finchley Road - M (newest? Aren't the S7s newer than the
S8s?) - Preston Road
Yup, that's near enough the route, apart from slightly different start
(Clapham Common) and end (Harrow-on-the-Hill) stations. The oldest
stock, of course, is the Bakerloo's 1972 TS, not the Victoria Line's
2009 TS. I was treating all the S stock as one fleet (and you do
sometimes get S7+1 stock on the Met).
Basil Jet
<g> I forgot the 1967s had been replaced.
Basil Jet
Oh! I'm surprised you didn't go via Marylebone then.
Recliner
2017-04-08 14:54:11 UTC
Clapham North - N - Stockwell - V (oldest) - Oggy Circus - B - Baker
Street - J - Finchley Road - M (newest? Aren't the S7s newer than the
S8s?) - Preston Road
Yup, that's near enough the route, apart from slightly different start
(Clapham Common) and end (Harrow-on-the-Hill) stations.
Oh! I'm surprised you didn't go via Marylebone then.
I do sometimes, but the stopping Chiltern trains are so infrequent that
it's usually better to use the Met, particularly if you catch a fast one.
Changing at Marylebone is at least five minutes slower than at Finchley
Road, which more than eats up the time saving from a faster journey.
Graham Harrison
2017-04-09 09:25:24 UTC
I wondered how unusual my journey on LU today was? It was a completely
genuine journey, not in any way contrived, and which I've done from time to
time in the past.
It involved five LU lines, with all four changes being cross-platform. It
would have been possible to use fewer lines, but the journey would have
been longer, and with less convenient interchanges. As on the previous
times I've taken this route, all went very smoothly, with no delays or
problems, and with no interchange requiring a wait longer than two minutes
for the next train.
As an aside, it used both LU's oldest and newest stock.
Clapham North - N - Stockwell - V (oldest) - Oggy Circus - B - Baker
Street - J - Finchley Road - M (newest? Aren't the S7s newer than the
S8s?) - Preston Road
Mornington Crescent?!

burfordTjustice
2017-04-08 14:26:30 UTC
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 21:00:45 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Recliner
I wondered how unusual my journey on LU today was? It was a
completely genuine journey, not in any way contrived, and which I've
done from time to time in the past.
It involved five LU lines, with all four changes being
cross-platform. It would have been possible to use fewer lines, but
the journey would have been longer, and with less convenient
interchanges. As on the previous times I've taken this route, all
went very smoothly, with no delays or problems, and with no
interchange requiring a wait longer than two minutes for the next
train.
As an aside, it used both LU's oldest and newest stock.
You have way too much free time. Get a job!