Battersea Power station
2017-01-05 00:47:25 UTC
I saw this pic on Twitter, taken by a Met police copter:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1W_dwIWEAA5yxV?format=jpg&name=large

Could that be the new Tube station under construction on the left side of
the image?
Paul Corfield
2017-01-08 23:46:08 UTC
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1W_dwIWEAA5yxV?format=jpg&name=large
Could that be the new Tube station under construction on the left side of
the image?
I would say that it is given the cross bracing for the station box and the blue perimeter fencing. All the LU works at Nine Elms have that colour fencing.
Paul C via Google
Recliner
2017-01-08 23:49:20 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1W_dwIWEAA5yxV?format=jpg&name=large
Could that be the new Tube station under construction on the left side of
the image?
I would say that it is given the cross bracing for the station box and
the blue perimeter fencing. All the LU works at Nine Elms have that colour fencing.
Thanks, yes, that's what I thought. So that means it's another modern cut
and cover Tube station?
Recliner
BTW, a very welcome back. Have you been away? Or just busy in a new job?
Paul Corfield
2017-01-09 14:40:32 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1W_dwIWEAA5yxV?format=jpg&name=large
Could that be the new Tube station under construction on the left side of
the image?
I would say that it is given the cross bracing for the station box and
the blue perimeter fencing. All the LU works at Nine Elms have that colour fencing.
BTW, a very welcome back. Have you been away? Or just busy in a new job?
Ta. Neither. Just found it worth taking a break as so much debate became an argument between 2 or 3 people and usually veered 3,000 miles off topic. I've also had to buy a new PC hence posting via Google. My old Agent software won't work with W10 and I've spent too much on other software to warrant yet more spending.

I think the NLE stations are all being dug in big holes as the land allows it. Tunnels are being bored with TBMs except for breakthrough into the N Line tunnels which will be done by hand.
--
Paul C
via Google
Basil Jet
2017-01-09 23:15:56 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1W_dwIWEAA5yxV?format=jpg&name=large
Could that be the new Tube station under construction on the left side of
the image?
I would say that it is given the cross bracing for the station box and
the blue perimeter fencing. All the LU works at Nine Elms have that colour fencing.
BTW, a very welcome back. Have you been away? Or just busy in a new job?
Ta. Neither. Just found it worth taking a break as so much debate became an argument between 2 or 3 people and usually veered 3,000 miles off topic. I've also had to buy a new PC hence posting via Google. My old Agent software won't work with W10 and I've spent too much on other software to warrant yet more spending.
I think the NLE stations are all being dug in big holes as the land allows it.
I suspect wet sandy geology may be a reason as well. One of the JLE
stations, I think it was Southwark or maybe Bermondsey, was done half
tunnelled and half cut down because the geology changes halfway through
the station.
Post by Paul Corfield
Tunnels are being bored with TBMs except for breakthrough into the N
Line tunnels which will be done by hand.

Their fingernails will be very dirty when it's done!