Augmented reality fly-through of the HS2 route from Birmingham to London
2017-08-08 09:33:57 UTC
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.

Roland Perry
2017-08-08 09:43:14 UTC
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.
http://youtu.be/1bkoGvw9kbA
That Curzon St viaduct is rather visually intrusive.
Adrian Caspersz
2017-08-09 13:13:56 UTC
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.
http://youtu.be/1bkoGvw9kbA
Blimey.
Adrian C
Basil Jet
2017-08-09 21:04:14 UTC
Post by Adrian Caspersz
Post by Basil Jet
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.
http://youtu.be/1bkoGvw9kbA
Blimey.
I hope you're not saying "blimey" because I'm two years late with the
news ;-)
Ding Bat
2017-08-10 07:46:42 UTC
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.
http://youtu.be/1bkoGvw9kbA
Why should the 192 km phase 1 cost as much as £70,000 million?

This claims that LGV construction costs €16-27 million per km:
http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2011/09/24/after-30-years-tgv-service-prospers-even-as-its-future-is-questioned/

At that rate, 192 km would cost €3,172-$5,184 million or £2,855-4,666 million.
Roland Perry
2017-08-10 08:37:58 UTC
Post by Ding Bat
Post by Basil Jet
This is a couple of years old but it's the first time I've seen it.
http://youtu.be/1bkoGvw9kbA
Why should the 192 km phase 1 cost as much as £70,000 million?
http://www.thetransportpolitic.com/2011/09/24/after-30-years-tgv-service-prospers-even-as-its-future-is-questioned/
At that rate, 192 km would cost €3,172-$5,184 million or £2,855-4,666 million.
It's not being built mainly through open countryside with draconian
compulsory purchase powers.