Brentford branch
2017-07-06 18:24:27 UTC
RAIL says a shuttle from Brentford's Golden Mile to Southall Station is
being seriously considered. Personally I think Brentford - Ealing
Hospital - Hanwell - Greenford - South Ruislip makes more sense, but
would obviously cost more, however I don't think any demolition would be
required. It would mean the nice new shuttle platform they put in at
West Ealing would become disused though.
Richard J.
2017-07-06 21:02:57 UTC
RAIL says a shuttle from Brentford's Golden Mile to Southall Station is
being seriously considered.
Do you have an online link? It's been considered at various times in recent years. I wrote a preliminary report on it for Hounslow in 2007.
Post by Basil Jet
Personally I think Brentford - Ealing
Hospital - Hanwell - Greenford - South Ruislip makes more sense, but
would obviously cost more, however I don't think any demolition would be
required. It would mean the nice new shuttle platform they put in at
West Ealing would become disused though.
How do you propose to get from Ealing Hospital (presumably a new station on the existing branch) to Hanwell? That would involve crossing over or under the GWML if you then want to run down the Greenford branch.
--
Richard J.
2017-08-14 08:40:02 UTC
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/rail-uk/20170705/282488593755217
Post by Richard J.
Post by Basil Jet
Personally I think Brentford - Ealing
Hospital - Hanwell - Greenford - South Ruislip makes more sense, but
would obviously cost more, however I don't think any demolition would be
required. It would mean the nice new shuttle platform they put in at
West Ealing would become disused though.
How do you propose to get from Ealing Hospital (presumably a new station
on the existing branch) to Hanwell? That would involve crossing over or
under the GWML if you then want to run down the Greenford branch.
On further reflection, running north from the eastern edge of the
hospital to go under the railway near Brentvale Avenue and having a
reversing stop at Hanwell Zoo before going to Hanwell station could be
cheaper. Not a lot of room just east of Hanwell Station though!