London Victoria is so bracing
2017-04-12 16:10:34 UTC
Does anyone know why the country end of the Southeastern station is open
to the elements? The value of the approx 100m * 100m airspace, including
the adjacent car park / taxi area, must be eye-watering. I don't think
any diesel trains go in there, so open air is not needed.
Richard J.
2017-04-12 17:37:57 UTC
Does anyone know why the country end of the Southeastern station is open
to the elements? The value of the approx 100m * 100m airspace, including
the adjacent car park / taxi area, must be eye-watering. I don't think
any diesel trains go in there, so open air is not needed.
There are steam excursions though - about 5 a month in the summeer.
--
Richard J.
On the Southeastern side?
Richard J.
2017-04-13 16:06:18 UTC
Post by Richard J.
Post by Basil Jet
Does anyone know why the country end of the Southeastern station is open
to the elements? The value of the approx 100m * 100m airspace, including
the adjacent car park / taxi area, must be eye-watering. I don't think
any diesel trains go in there, so open air is not needed.
There are steam excursions though - about 5 a month in the summeer.
On the Southeastern side?
Yes, usually from Platform 2.
For example,

--
Richard J.
David Cantrell
2017-04-18 12:27:40 UTC
Does anyone know why the country end of the Southeastern station is open
to the elements? The value of the approx 100m * 100m airspace, including
the adjacent car park / taxi area, must be eye-watering.
I would assume that the disruption that would be caused by building on
top of it would also be eye-watering, so they won't do it until they
need to do some other eye-wateringly disruptive work. The stuff over the
western side went up at the same time as some other major re-working of
the station in the 1980s IIRC.

If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg
and egg whites, whisk, and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.
Basil Jet
2017-04-18 13:13:13 UTC
Post by David Cantrell
Post by Basil Jet
Does anyone know why the country end of the Southeastern station is open
to the elements? The value of the approx 100m * 100m airspace, including
the adjacent car park / taxi area, must be eye-watering.
I would assume that the disruption that would be caused by building on
top of it would also be eye-watering, so they won't do it until they
need to do some other eye-wateringly disruptive work. The stuff over the
western side went up at the same time as some other major re-working of
the station in the 1980s IIRC.
Thanks, that sounds like the right answer!