Identify station
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2018-05-24 10:11:03 UTC
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I enjoy identifying places in London when watching TV series and
films, but I've had no luck with this one.

The frame is from an episode of Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! first
broadcast in 2018.

-- jhk
Basil Jet
Herne Hill, viewed from the south.
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2018-05-24 10:36:53 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ
Which station is this?
I enjoy identifying places in London when watching TV series and
films, but I've had no luck with this one.
The frame is from an episode of Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! first
broadcast in 2018.
-- jhk
Herne Hill, viewed from the south.
That was quick, thanks! :)
jhk
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2018-05-24 12:51:34 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ
Which station is this?
Herne Hill, viewed from the south.
What kind of train is approaching the station? Looks a bit like First
Great Western, but it's a Southeastern station.
jhk
Graeme Wall
2018-05-25 09:16:09 UTC
Post by Basil Jet
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ
Which station is this?
Herne Hill, viewed from the south.
What kind of train is approaching the station? Looks a bit like First
Great Western, but it's a Southeastern station.
Looks like a SWR class 450
2018-05-24 15:54:09 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ
Which station is this?
I went for Raynes Park. A weak guess. I know Herne Hill but I wouldn't have got it anyway.

I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.

At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.

So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldingham_railway_station
namely:
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."

That tiny but apparently earth-shattering contri was gone within a day:
it was "unsourced trivia".
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2018-05-24 17:36:40 UTC
On Thu, 24 May 2018 08:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
Post by Offramp
I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.
At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.
So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldingham_railway_station
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."
it was "unsourced trivia".
Try adding the film as a reference.
jhk
Basil Jet
2018-05-24 17:44:43 UTC
Post by Offramp
I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.
At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.
So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldingham_railway_station
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."
it was "unsourced trivia".
Try adding the film as a reference.
Since the film is about Arabs trading in white slaves, the leftniks at
wikipedia might be banning anyone from referring to it for political
reasons (although the film does have its own wiki page).
Robin
2018-05-24 17:50:41 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ
Which station is this?
I went for Raynes Park. A weak guess. I know Herne Hill but I wouldn't have got it anyway.
I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.
At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.
So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldingham_railway_station
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."
it was "unsourced trivia".
Add it again with a reference this time to a source?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283137/locations " Woldingham Station,
Woldingham, Surrey, England, UK (Albert goes to The Grange, Upper
Woldingham)" with of course the date you retrieved it

Of course IMDB is not a primary source but I'd guess most Wiki warriors
won't want to go there ;)
Jarle Hammen Knudsen
2018-05-24 18:05:59 UTC
Post by Robin
Post by Offramp
[...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_IMDb

IMDb content which is in dispute about whether it is appropriate to
reference on Wikipedia:

Released films only: Sections such as the cast list, character
names, the crew lists, release dates, company credits, awards,
soundtrack listing, filming locations, technical specs, alternate
titles, running times, and rating certifications.
jhk
Robin
2018-05-25 09:46:04 UTC
Post by Robin
Add it again with a reference this time to a source?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283137/locations " Woldingham Station,
Woldingham, Surrey, England, UK (Albert goes to The Grange, Upper
Woldingham)" with of course the date you retrieved it
Of course IMDB is not a primary source but I'd guess most Wiki warriors
won't want to go there ;)
I could do all that... it wouldn't be hard.

BUT INSTEAD I have pulled on my floppy green hat, flung my chiffon scarf over my shoulder, picked up my peke and stormed out of the room, chirping, "If you want citations Mr Pedia, you can put them in yourself. I'm afraid I don't get out of bed for less than £50,000."
tim...
2018-05-24 19:01:47 UTC
Post by Jarle Hammen Knudsen
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ