Enlarged Bond Street station opened
2017-11-18 11:26:56 UTC
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.

tim...
2017-11-18 12:57:42 UTC
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
does it get an extra large square on the Monopoly Board?

2017-11-18 15:15:02 UTC
does it get an extra large square on the Monopoly Board?
It's surprising it has a place on the monopoly board or the tube map
when the street itself doesn't exist.
tim...
2017-11-18 16:57:33 UTC
does it get an extra large square on the Monopoly Board?
It's surprising it has a place on the monopoly board or the tube map when
the street itself doesn't exist.
well I suppose that's the same argument as to whether there's a city called
Hull

tim
Ding Bat
2017-11-26 18:32:39 UTC
does it get an extra large square on the Monopoly Board?
It's surprising it has a place on the monopoly board or the tube map
when the street itself doesn't exist.
Would a cabbie not be able to take you there? Old Bond St was Bond St.
Bond St now would refer to the Old & New together ...

or to a Bond St elsewhere in London:

Michael R N Dolbear
2017-11-21 00:36:56 UTC
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html
Mike D
Michael R N Dolbear
2017-11-21 00:39:21 UTC
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html

I meant

http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/step-free.html

But still only just on topic
Mike D
Basil Jet
2017-11-21 03:36:42 UTC
Post by Michael R N Dolbear
Post by Basil Jet
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html
I meant
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/step-free.html
But still only just on topic
"The next step-free connection will be at Bank, when the new Walbrook
entrance to the Waterloo and City line opens next month. Making only one
end of a 2-stop line step-free obviously isn't ideal, but every upgrade
helps. Let's hope they solve the challenge of how to show the new blob
on next month's tube map without making a complete visual mess."

I think they won't bother. Showing that the W&C has step-free access at
one end is pointless. I'm guessing it was done because some building
work on the surface made it easier to put in lifts now than later.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 06:26:50 UTC
Post by Michael R N Dolbear
Post by Basil Jet
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html
[New TL HQ].

'Most of the ground floor is taken up by 50 car parking spaces'

A typical case of "do as we say, not as we do".
2017-11-21 10:47:18 UTC
Post by Michael R N Dolbear
Post by Basil Jet
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html
[New TL HQ].
'Most of the ground floor is taken up by 50 car parking spaces'
A typical case of "do as we say, not as we do".
Oh come on Roland. It is a commercial property that TfL just happen to be renting. Those buildings come with car parking space because the private sector expect it. Just because there are 50 spaces does not mean they will be used by TfL staff. Car allowances / company cars were done away with around 20 years ago (at Ken's instruction) and I can't recall anyone working in a Head Office building driving to work at any HQ building. The old garage at 55 Broadway was closed years ago - I used to park my bicycle there when I cycle commuted to work. Possibly a bit different in the more remote depots and stores buildings with shift patterns and poorer public transport access but even there most employees will use the tube or buses. I can't imagine anyone, including the Commissioner, being allowed to drive to new TfL Towers and park there. Heck TfL have even banned employees from having online shopping deliveries delivered to their workplace in order to cut down on the numbers of "white vans" milling around.
--
Paul C
via Google
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 11:21:07 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Heck TfL have even banned employees from having online shopping
deliveries delivered to their workplace in order to cut down on
the numbers of "white vans" milling around.
Whatever happened to that scheme to have online shopping delivered to
your suburban station, for collection on the way home?
Graham Harrison
2017-11-21 15:23:16 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
Heck TfL have even banned employees from having online shopping
deliveries delivered to their workplace in order to cut down on
the numbers of "white vans" milling around.
Whatever happened to that scheme to have online shopping delivered to
your suburban station, for collection on the way home?
I've seen Amazon lockers at Stratford (London) and Newbury Park
stations recently.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 15:42:41 UTC
Post by Graham Harrison
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Paul Corfield
Heck TfL have even banned employees from having online shopping
deliveries delivered to their workplace in order to cut down on
the numbers of "white vans" milling around.
Whatever happened to that scheme to have online shopping delivered to
your suburban station, for collection on the way home?
I've seen Amazon lockers at Stratford (London) and Newbury Park
stations recently.
The scheme I recall was shops, I think; because you could dispatch stuff
as well as pick it up. Perhaps in spaces in the station where ticket
offices had been vacated.
2017-11-21 16:04:55 UTC
Post by Graham Harrison
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Paul Corfield
Heck TfL have even banned employees from having online shopping
deliveries delivered to their workplace in order to cut down on
the numbers of "white vans" milling around.
Whatever happened to that scheme to have online shopping delivered to
your suburban station, for collection on the way home?
I've seen Amazon lockers at Stratford (London) and Newbury Park
stations recently.
The scheme I recall was shops, I think; because you could dispatch stuff
as well as pick it up. Perhaps in spaces in the station where ticket
offices had been vacated.
Yes, that was mentioned, though I've not yet noticed any former ticket
offices reused for other purposes. Most still seem to be occupied by the
remaining station staff, and of course the ticket machines are often
attached to the walls of the offices, with access required to their rear.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 16:20:20 UTC
In message <889141230.532972489.014105.recliner.ng-
Post by Graham Harrison
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Paul Corfield
Heck TfL have even banned employees from having online shopping
deliveries delivered to their workplace in order to cut down on
the numbers of "white vans" milling around.
Whatever happened to that scheme to have online shopping delivered to
your suburban station, for collection on the way home?
I've seen Amazon lockers at Stratford (London) and Newbury Park
stations recently.
The scheme I recall was shops, I think; because you could dispatch stuff
as well as pick it up. Perhaps in spaces in the station where ticket
offices had been vacated.
Yes, that was mentioned, though I've not yet noticed any former ticket
offices reused for other purposes. Most still seem to be occupied by the
remaining station staff, and of course the ticket machines are often
attached to the walls of the offices, with access required to their rear.
Here's one story:

<http://www.cityam.com/218175/sainsburys-and-tesco-ditch-transport-
londons-tube-station-click-collect-scheme>

On-Topic: even mentions 55 Broadway.
2017-11-21 16:54:12 UTC
Post by Graham Harrison
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Paul Corfield
[...]
That's from a couple of years ago, so it doesn't address the issue of
if/how TfL is reusing the space released by the closed ticket offices. I
think the pickups in the linked article are in station car parks.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 19:10:29 UTC
In message
<1226295075.532975798.834620.recliner.ng-***@news.eternal-sept
ember.org>, at 16:54:12 on Tue, 21 Nov 2017, Recliner
The scheme I recall was shops, I think; because you could dispatch stuff
as well as pick it up. Perhaps in spaces in the station where ticket
offices had been vacated.
Yes, that was mentioned, though I've not yet noticed any former ticket
offices reused for other purposes. Most still seem to be occupied by the
remaining station staff, and of course the ticket machines are often
attached to the walls of the offices, with access required to their rear.
<http://www.cityam.com/218175/sainsburys-and-tesco-ditch-transport-
londons-tube-station-click-collect-scheme>
On-Topic: even mentions 55 Broadway.
That's from a couple of years ago,
Yes, product launches gone wrong do tend to be like that.
Post by Recliner
so it doesn't address the issue of
if/how TfL is reusing the space released by the closed ticket offices. I
think the pickups in the linked article are in station car parks.
The another outfit with gullible backers was planning on that.
2017-11-21 09:19:58 UTC
Presumably this new building will replace 55 Broadway?
Paul Corfield
2017-11-21 10:49:23 UTC
Post by Michael R N Dolbear
Post by Basil Jet
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html
Presumably this new building will replace 55 Broadway?
I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and conversion to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.
--
Paul C
via Google
Recliner
2017-11-21 11:12:08 UTC
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 02:49:23 -0800 (PST), Paul Corfield
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
Post by Michael R N Dolbear
Post by Basil Jet
Obviously even more bits will open when the Elizabeth Line platforms open.
http://youtu.be/AxwyA0dW0Kk
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/5-endeavour-square.html
Presumably this new building will replace 55 Broadway?
I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and conversion to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.
That's interesting (and surprising) -- I though the sale and
conversion of 55 Broadway into flats was a done deal. I even did a
tour of the building that was stated to be one of the last before TfL
moved out, and some parts already appeared to be empty.

Sentimentally, it does seem appropriate that TfL remains in its iconic
building that its predecessor company commissioned.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 11:22:47 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and conversion
to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including
Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.
That's interesting (and surprising) -- I though the sale and
conversion of 55 Broadway into flats was a done deal. I even did a
tour of the building that was stated to be one of the last before TfL
moved out, and some parts already appeared to be empty.
Perhaps the new owner has had some vacant possession in order to do
refurbishments?
2017-11-21 12:31:30 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and conversion
to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including
Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.
That's interesting (and surprising) -- I though the sale and
conversion of 55 Broadway into flats was a done deal. I even did a
tour of the building that was stated to be one of the last before TfL
moved out, and some parts already appeared to be empty.
Perhaps the new owner has had some vacant possession in order to do
refurbishments?
Conversion into flats would have needed much more than
'refurbishment'. In any case, it just looked like some rooms were no
longer in use, but nothing had been done to them.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 12:44:51 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and
conversion
to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including
Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.
That's interesting (and surprising) -- I though the sale and
conversion of 55 Broadway into flats was a done deal. I even did a
tour of the building that was stated to be one of the last before TfL
moved out, and some parts already appeared to be empty.
Perhaps the new owner has had some vacant possession in order to do
refurbishments?
Conversion into flats would have needed much more than
'refurbishment'.
You don't think it's vaguely possible that with TfL having signed a
sale/leaseback agreement that the new owner might be refurbishing them
as offices?
Post by Recliner
In any case, it just looked like some rooms were no longer in use, but
nothing had been done to them.
That was then, this is now.
2017-11-21 12:58:40 UTC
Post by Paul Corfield
[...]
Quite possibly now, but that certainly wasn't the plan when I toured
the building. And if it's now a sale and leaseback deal, any
refurbishment would presumably be up to TfL.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 13:11:52 UTC
Post by Recliner
And if it's now a sale and leaseback deal, any refurbishment would
presumably be up to TfL.
As the purpose of sale and leaseback is to generate cashflow for the
tenant (and provide a home for spare cash for the new owner), I'd expect
the refurbishment to be normally part of the contribution of the latter.
d***@yahoo.co.uk
2017-11-21 12:35:53 UTC
On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:12:08 +0000, Recliner
Post by Recliner
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
Presumably this new building will replace 55 Broadway?
I understand 55 Broadway is being retained and is subject to a sale and lease back arrangement. This replaced the planned sale and conversion to flats. Looking at the comments under DG's article it seems people are being moved from right across the TfL building portfolio including Windsor House which (I think) is being vacated.
That's interesting (and surprising) -- I though the sale and
conversion of 55 Broadway into flats was a done deal. I even did a
tour of the building that was stated to be one of the last before TfL
moved out, and some parts already appeared to be empty.
I did one shortly after in January this year as I thought there would
not be another opportunity, but only this morning I got an email
telling me the window was open for bookings for it and other places
today for those on their list. For new customers bookings can be made
from Wednesday/22.

Hasn't the halt in the development plan been caused by the present
Mayor getting a bit fed up with many such developments becoming an
investment vehicle for Russian Oligarchs etc to the detriment of the
needs of residential Londoners and stuck his oar in?

G.Harman
Recliner
2017-11-21 12:48:07 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
[...]
Perhaps so, but TfL staying there also doesn't release any new
residential space.
Roland Perry
2017-11-21 13:04:54 UTC
Post by Recliner
Post by Paul Corfield
Post by Recliner
[...]
No doubt that's one of the spin-offs from the change in plans.

They could have slowed down the emptying (ahead of refurbishment)
closure so that the remaining staff can move direct to Stratford.
Post by d***@yahoo.co.uk
Hasn't the halt in the development plan been caused by the present
Mayor getting a bit fed up with many such developments becoming an
investment vehicle for Russian Oligarchs etc to the detriment of the
needs of residential Londoners and stuck his oar in?
It'd be interesting to know. The change of heart (and the residential
plan got approval 2 years ago) will potentially make a big hole in TfL's
budget.
2017-11-21 21:17:03 UTC
In article
Post by Recliner
15:23:16 on Tue, 21 Nov 2017, Graham Harrison
Post by Graham Harrison
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Paul Corfield
[...]
You've not been to Westminster, then?
2017-11-21 21:53:50 UTC
Post by r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
Post by Graham Harrison
Post by Roland Perry
Post by Paul Corfield
[...]
There are hundreds of LU stations I've not visited since the ticket office
closed, but I have used Westminster, though not in the last few months. So,
what's happened to the old ticket office?
r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
Selling what?
b***@cylonHQ.com
Kalms tablets for out of towners trying to buy tickets from the machines.
r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
2017-11-22 10:22:13 UTC
Post by b***@cylonHQ.com
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 09:56:37 GMT
Post by Recliner
Post by r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
Post by r***@cix.compulink.co.uk
Post by Recliner
Yes, that was mentioned, though I've not yet noticed any former
ticket offices reused for other purposes. Most still seem to be
occupied by the remaining station staff, and of course the ticket
machines are often attached to the walls of the offices, with access
required to their rear.
You've not been to Westminster, then?
There are hundreds of LU stations I've not visited since the icket
office closed, but I have used Westminster, though not in the last few
months. So, what's happened to the old ticket office?
It's a shop.
Selling what?
Kalms tablets for out of towners trying to buy tickets from the machines.
No. Something for tourists I expect. I forget what it's called.